1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can anyone help me with Kodak Easyshare software?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Specifically emailing photos. When I try to do this I get a error message that software is busy and retry. Anyone know a way around this ? I called Samsung and was able to upload pics to EasyShare from phone but cant email them like I used to.
    If you can help please keep in mind that I'm a non techie senior so explanations have to be "caveman friendly" Thanks.
    I used to have Kodak camera,thus the software.

2. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure kodak stopped supporting easy share, so they are not doing updates, so there are compatibility issues. Try moving the pics to a new file then upload from there. I had I problem a while back, and my son moved my pics and dumped easy share.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a PC expert, but I am an avid photographer (both digital and traditional film) and I hang around with other photogs who, like me, do a lot of "digital darkroom" type stuff on the PC.

My question to you is why are you using a highly-brand-specific tool like this to manage your photos? E-mailing a photo should not need a tool like this. Your photos will most likely (still) be stored as individual items in a folder, and e-mailing them is simply a process of doing a "file attach" of those items you wish to send.

One of the cameras I still use is an older Kodak Easyshare and I have never had to use any proprietary tool. I just do a simple copy of the files from the camera to a disk folder (I name them according to month/year) and then do whatever with Photoshop and/or Gimp and then print them or resize and share them on line and such.

4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replys

Right now I have 3 or 4 photo programs on the computer that magically appeared. HP has 1 ,Samsung has one and so on. I think my best bet is to get in touch with one of my daughters friends who's a computer pro.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if someone can sit with you, IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER, your chances of success will go up 100%.

If you are still trying to find help before that, a google search will also find some help - way better than some of us here.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't bother with Easyshare at all. If you and your computer are tech-savvy enough to read the camera as a disk drive and can find and copy/move the files to your hard drive, there's no reason to use Easyshare or anything else. I'd uninstall it and any other "photo management" crapware you have.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I do is take the SD card from my camera and insert it in my PC. I use whatever app Windows pops up and use to identify, name and transfer my photos. Once they are stored on my hard drive, they are just like any other computer file and I use my email editor's attach button to add them to an email. A lot of time the proprietary apps that come with the camera are more trouble than they are worth and they make it more difficult to handle your photos in other programs.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would very much agree with this. There is one thing I kind of learned the hard way and that is almost whenever you install ANYTHING on your PC, the manufacturer coerces you installing, as Chuck said, crapware, like stuff that pops up and stuff that makes toolbars that you don't want! Printers, scanners, cameras, everything wants you to install this drek!

Worst is when you buy a new netbook and the screen is CLUTTERED with junkware that wants you to register this and send your credit card for that and jeesh!

Even the routine update for something common, I think it's Adobe Reader or something like that, tries to coerce you into also installing a "trial" version of some anti-virus stuff. You really have to be computer-streetwise to avoid having your disk and your screen filled up with all of the stuff you don't want and don't need!

10. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my next move will be to run up to the T Mobile center and see if I can email photos from my Galaxy s 2 . I think people can do this from smart phones no?
    Funny though,theres a lot of people in my age bracket that were really good and successful at what they did and never really embraced computers. When they had a problem they called IT and they sent up a guy to fix it. My buddy got so frustrated by his first office computer he threw it out of a 3rd. story window. (you can do stuff like that when you're the CFO)

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My smart phone is a Samsung Galaxy, although with a different carrier, and yes, I can mail photos, should I choose to do so.

However (insert tongue in cheek, no flames please, this is me, not what I want you to do) taking a serious photo with my cell phone is kind of like trying to make a phone call with the Pentax! :) :) :)

12. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know what you mean but I'm actually happy with the cell photos,and I figured out how to email from phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.