1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Apparently MGM properties do not share info

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Iceicecool, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I continuously get laughable offers from Luxor and very good offers from MB. Luxor usually offers $25 free play and a coupon book. MB usually gives me $1k resort credit and a suite. Here's a picture of my NYE offers from both. image.jpg image.jpg

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe Luxor knows better than to try a real offer.

We often get $500-$1000 freeplay, resort credit, suites at MGM/MB/Mirage (used to get Aria/Bellagio). Yet, I do not think I have ever seen an offer from Luxor or Excal - other than generic mailers with discounted rooms, etc.

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

This is strictly talking out of my rear, as I have no clue for MGM's reasoning. Perhaps, players who qualify for upfront comp offers are funnelled to the properties that allow the player to grow. likewise, maybe these lower tier properties, like Luxor, Excal, and CC, attract the budget minded who generally pay for their rooms and do not gamble much. Again, just taking a wild guess, which i am sure is most likely way off base. For what its worth, I have never ever gotten a comp offer from Luxor, Excal, or CC...not even midweek.

4. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get discounted room offers from the same places that are also offering me free rooms or suites. Just generic mailings.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get small offers from Luxor because I played a slot there for a few minutes killing time waiting for a show.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done that in the past a few times, but make it a rule to NOT use my players card unless I am going to play seriously. I know, most say it does not matter (as far as they can tell). But, the amount of comps putting a $100 or so through a machine comes to $.00000435 cents - LOL!

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, it was during a trip while I was staying at Aria. Went to Luxor to see Carrot Top. Really no reason to avoid using the card in that situation.

8. sfchris

sfchris Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same for me. I get good offers from the MGM properties where I play. The rest I get standard crap offers.

9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am on the comp List for MGM and Mirage, but periodically, I do get offers from the Luxor. I know that I stayed there once but didn't play much. TRhe offer was decent but now that I'm mLife Platinum, I'm trying to hit them up for something a little better.

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just received mandalay bays invite and had arias 2 weeks ago. Wow what a difference in the invites.

11. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is quite a difference.

(okay.. high on the sarcasm meter)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.