1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alternate routes from the Plaza to Westgate?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by BlackJackLady, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be arriving in Vegas on 11/16, staying at the Plaza. Just found out about the road closures due to Rock and Roll marathon :grrr:. We need alternate routes to get from the Plaza to Westgate (LVH) for a show at 8 pm. Any help would be appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since I do not know which roads are closed, can not be specific. But, here is where I would go to find the way.

maps.google.com

3. BlackJackLady

Trips to Las Vegas:
    google maps shows the routes we normally take - on the Closed roads

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry.. meant to say, I would use the map on Google and then plot out my own route, avoiding the closed roads - maybe even taking a slightly longer way to avoid other congestion close to the closed roads. I would not of course use the suggested google route.

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't help but chime in, even though I haven't experienced how the roads are when the Marathon is in town.

But I read somewhere on this board that they start closing the roads around that time your show starts.

Maybe you could get to Westgate earlier, like 5:30 or so, have early dinner, hang out at the lounges and have a drink or two. I'm not sure what you're gonna do after the show because I think the roads will still be closed.

6. BlackJackLady

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They stat closing the roads @ 2 - we arrive in LV at 2:45

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the road closures? I'd assume LVB/the Strip and parts of downtown and ... ??? And for how far down will the Strip be closed (which means no crossings)? Assuming you can get to Maryland Parkway, take that s/b to Sahara to Joe Brown, but again, I have no clue what's closed where.

(Funny thing, when we were in Canada recently I forgot to activate my international phone/data plan. And you know what, we got around for 10 days using common sense and AAA maps.)

8. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have my head all screwed up as far as info. Sorry I can't be of help. Arriving at 2:45 while they start closing roads at 2 is a major bummer.

Hope the latter part of your trip is full of winnings and good luck. It will make up for your 1st. day which I'm sure will be hectic. Hope you find a viable solution.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.