1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tony n Tina's wedding show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Lindaanddarren, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    Has anyone been to this dinner show and if so what did you think??? I think it looks fun but the reviews are very mixed.

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw a local production of this some years ago, dinner theater, actually "Diner Theater", LOL! :) :)

I assume the Las Vegas cast will be better than the local cast. You really need actors who know how to do improv and interactive theater to pull it off right. The plot has a lot of potential, and anyone who has been to (or been in) an over-done wedding reception can identify with it.

It's full of the typical stereotypes, such as the uber-PG bridesmaid, the very boobish bimbo GF of the divorced father of the bride (or was it the groom?), the in-your-face photographer with the huge camera and flash, the hayseed cousin from "Jaw-Ja", the incredibly bad deejay. Speaking of which, much of the 90 minute clock time was taken up by "reception dancing" to tunes spun by said incredibly-bad deejay, so the actual time of the dialog and such is far less than you expect.

I expect that the Las Vegas production will be much better. Would I go? If somebody wants to take me, yeah, I'll do it, but it probably not gonna be my first choice when I pick the show, mainly from the been there, done that, perspective.

3. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it in Vegas and hated it!!! The basic idea is great for a show but in reality the cast were dotted around the room and youcould only rwally hear those who were directly beside you. The only part we enjoyed was the wedding band and the buffet looked so terrible we walked out halfway through the show! It might be bearable if you were blind drunk but otherwise give it a miss.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved it. We might go back again. It all depends on what you're expecting. If you're expecting a show or to hear what's going on at other tables, you'll be disappointed. If you want to get goofy and act out your inner bad wedding guest persona, it's a blast. If you sit back and expect to be entertained, it's horrible. If you get up and dance and hit on the bride/groom and cause a ruckus, you'll enjoy it.
    ll

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it a couple of times in Vegas when it was still at Rio; so much depends on the audience. If you have fun people that the cast can pla off of, it pcan be very funny. First time I saw it, it was fantastic, next time it was just ok with the very boring crowd.

6. Lindaanddarren

Lindaanddarren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies.
    We are getting married and want to do a dinner show after the ceremony. I want to book something fun to do afterwards and initially this seemed perfect. A meal, laughs and music . Can anyone suggest any other dinner shows that might be good for us. We are all around 50 yrs and hoped to do a show where we can eat, drink , laugh, chat and dance. Any ideas welcome thanks

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The eat, drink, laugh, and chat is easy. It's the dancing that makes things harder. My recommendation is Casa Di Amore. It's a fun place. Excellent home-style Italian food, live band, reasonable prices and they'll send a limo to get you if you don't want to drive there. Call them up and let them know what you want, I bet they make it a great time for you.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your group is fun and interacts with the cast,Tony and Tina's has everything you mentioned but the food isn't great.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know, with a band, that could be a dynamite experience! The place I saw it really didn't have the room, or the acoustics, for a band.

I'm also wondering how they do it in a theater? Are the guest tables up on the stage or what?

Since the place that hosted the version I saw does catering, yeah, for weddings, :) it was really not bad. IIRC it was like veal parm for the main course, lasagna, and Sysco bagged salad, of course. :)There was wedding cake for dessert and champagne, either potent or placebo.

They say that some of the audience members were shills or plants, but I don't remember anything different except for one guy, not sure if he was a shill or not, asking me all about counties in upstate NY for some reason????? Nobody was hitting on anyone, that I could tell, anyway. :) :) :)

10. imamelfan1

imamelfan1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the Las Vegas show a few years back and it was just "meh". We were with a group of six and a few of us readily participated in the "wedding festivities". The food was VERY mediocre. I wouldn't do it again and don't think I would recommend it to others. Not considering all the other shows that Vegas has to offer.

11. bsmithy2k

bsmithy2k Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw out on the Goldstar website that there is a new version called "Joni and Gina's Wedding", most likely capitalizing on the recent gay marriage rulings. Two Goldstar members rated it as a 4 out of 5 show.

I don't know if it speaks to the quality of the show, but there are free tickets available (plus fee) to the Nov. 26th performance.

12. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I got tickets to the show.

13. DukieDoesVegas

DukieDoesVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hated it too. It was like having an overpriced barely edible meal with lousy entertainment. The show was not our cup of tea and the stereotypes were bordering on offensive. We walked out before it was finished.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.