1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

general niteclub advice

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by random512, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Hello, I'm going to the hh haloween party tonight as well as xs niteclub. Do you have any particular advice about going to these niteclubs or about going to vegas niteclubs in general? For example, I think I read that xs niteclub has "multiple entrances"? Is this true? I've read that a lot of vegas niteclubs have an issue with long lines. Does xs or hh have certain entrances where the lines are known to move more quickly?

How long should I expect to wait in line on a normal weekend night compared to halloween weekend night? A general clubbing technique I used back in the day was to arrive at a niteclub as early as possible and get stamped in order to come back later and bypass the lines. Not sure if this works any differently in vegas. For example, not sure if a line starts forming outside of the entrance 15+ minutes before the club opens? And not sure if stamped people still have to wait a long time to get back in. I'm guessing that vegas has a lot of party people who know and use this trick.

Also, what about bribing the doorguy? I remember doing this back in my clubbing days and I've read about people referring to this. Back in the day $20 used to do the trick but I've read about people bribing the doorguy $100+ at vegas nightclubs. Is $20 typically a sufficient bribe? Under what scenarios should I expect to pay a higher bribe? At what point do bribes become too expensive or fail to work and how to avoid this? Showing up with > 1 girl is well-known so aside from that.

2. Jrelera

Jrelera Newbie

Typical tip is whatever the cover charge is(~$50). However, they'll still require you to pay the cover charge. You'll just save time from waiting in line. I typically contact a host ahead of time, makes things go smoother.

3. random512

random512 Low-Roller

here's my report from hard rock: got there 1 hour 5 minutes before open. 6 people were in front of me. 10 minutes later the line was 30-40 deep. they started letting people in by 9:30 and by 9:40 the line was minimal and moved quickly.

So I think the takeaway is to show up 1 hour 5 minutes early. This way you won't risk having to wait in line for 2 hours or be required to bribe the doorman $100-$200. Has anyone else tried this strategy? I think this will be my default strategy going forward. Does anyone else here use this strategy?

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottle service. You pass all lines and get a table where you can bring girls to hang out. It will cost you though.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you still waited in line for 30-45 minutes before even getting inside where the only people in there were the ones you stood in line with. But, as long as you enjoyed yourself, that's all that matters.

If you have the coin to swing it, bottle service is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup:

6. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you would wait in line at body english or xs. Yes, all clubs have multiple lines, but guys only get one line unless you do a table. If you handshake a guy a 20, he's most likely going to hand it back.

7. random512

random512 Low-Roller

@driver - does xs not normally have a line? lol @ your $20 handshake comment.

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Xs is a table spot. They have affordable bottles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.