1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped room-will I get charged for guests?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by 1LuckyMomma, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a reservation for a comped room in March. There will be 2-4 of us in the room. When I booked the room, I booked it for 2 adults. Will I get charged for the extra people? How has this worked for you in the past?

We'll probably have another room booked at Orleans for them to stay at but all 3-4 of us will probably be in and out of both rooms and who knows where we'll end up sleeping.

2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 people is the max people you can TELL them are in the room (so each of them can get a key if they lose there's)
    However, I'd had 8 people in a room, when we were younger!
    Just don't cause too much trouble, or have a rowdy party in the room, and no one will care.

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, no charges for the extra people? On the reservation, it says $30 per person but since it's a comped room I wouldn't expect that to apply. Should I call them and up the number to 4?

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't...if it's two couples, then just put one person from each couple on the room (the more apt person to LOSE a room key) so if they DO lose a room key, they can get another one.
    Otherwise, don't ask/don't tell...

5. Maylene

Maylene Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the same $30 fee. There were 3 of us. I asked one person to hangout somewhere in the check in area. We got our keys. No problem. We just put two guest on the reservation. Everything worked out fine. When you think about it. They can't really track who's a guest and who's just visting. People do it all the time.

6. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be a good idea to get a few keys though because it someone needs to get in the room and they aren't registered to it and they are on their own there is no way they will get in. I had this issue once and although I was with a friend we hadn't given her name at check in. Took her three hours to find me so she could get in the room as her key wouldn't work.

7. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at MGM in April, sister in law was staying in my comped room at Flamingo. At the MGM check in counter I asked the guy if I could get a 3rd key so she could come enjoy the pool. Said no problem and asked if I wanted more than 3. LOL. "Nope, 3 would be plenty"

8. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had rollaways brought up to comped rooms and never had a problem with it. I had a pit-boss thank me one time because we had four gamblers and only took up one room.

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been charged for additional people. I'm not sure if it's because a host has always made the reservation.

10. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, sounds good! I'll just leave it as is. We'll be fine with 2 keys. If not, I'll go grab another one. I should get an extra key for myself. I'm the one that's always losing track of it. :rolleyes2: Thanks everyone!

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't tell them, they won't charge you haha.. Just take one friend with you to the desk. I've done it probably 50 times, never had an issue or have been charged.

Like said above, don't cause any trouble and it should be fine :) also I'd tip the maid, 4 people can make quite a mess :)

12. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Especially 4 women! We always clean up before we leave the room AND leave a decent tip. :) Keep them happy and they won't go through your stuff. At least that's what I tell myself.....

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had four people in a room a few times, and only told the hotel about two of them. Not just in Vegas, but anywhere. When I check in, I always ask for three keys. I tell them one is for me, one for my other person, and a third for my wallet because I ALWAYS forget my key in the room (Which is true). If there is only two of us in the room, I keep two keys just like I said. If there is 3-4 of us, I obviously give the third key to the other couple/person. I've never asked for four keys, as I think that's too many for just two people, but I've never had any argument or weird looks when asking for three keys.

14. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had 3 ppl in a comped room, all given keys and a roll away and didn't pay anything.

15. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends. At the cosmo I've tried to add a third name to the room (just for room charging privileges) and they told me it would be an extra charge per day. On a comped room.

The charges would have been comped anyways, but it's the principle of it all.

Other places I've been able to put four names on a room without a problem. Have never been able to get two rollaways in a room though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.