1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving Dinner Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DukieDoesVegas, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukieDoesVegas

DukieDoesVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,
    I was in Vegas 2 years ago for Thanksgiving week and it was surprisingly quiet until the day after Thanksgiving. We ate at one of the buffets...might have been at Flamingo. Of course turkey was on the menu but I wasn't impressed. I love turkey and also prime rib, but I'm fussy about the quality and taste. I would like to find a nice restaurant somewhere along the strip or even downtown that won't be exorbitant, but offers up a good meal. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Triple George Grill (downtown) last year on Thanksgiving. IIRC, this traditional turkey dinner was $28:

[​IMG]IMG_2237 by itslikeimsayin, on Flickr

My whole party enjoyed it and were happy with the experience.

3. MichaelH

MichaelH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had a Thanksgiving dinner a few years ago in peppermill between wynn and Riviera. Was nice loaction, good Food, reasonably priced...

4. DukieDoesVegas

DukieDoesVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I've been to Peppermill...its a very nice diner and is very close to the Riv? I thought it was noisy if that's the same place, but the food was good.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No help to the OP, just wanted to relate a story we still joke about today.

My wife and I went to Vegas for Thanksgiving with my mom, 2 brothers & one SIL and we were all staying at the Sands, so that gives you an idea of the timeline. Somewhere in the late 80s I think.

We had a rental and were all set to go to Golden Steer iirc, anyway we get there and they were closed. Start driving around off-strip looking for restaurants and they were all closed. Mind you, this is all before internet, smart phones etc. Anyway, the least drunken (me) of the crowd is driving around everywhere looking for a place to eat Thanksgiving dinner. We were all drunk, but one brother got particularly smashed on Drambuie and kept repeating the phrase "yes ari Bob" His name wasn't Bob!

Couldn't find anything, so we ended up back at the Sands buffet. Probably the worst Thanksgiving dinner the family ever had, but yet a fond memory we still talk about today. It was just one of those drunken Vegas moments you always remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.