1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

rental car in Vegas for 1 Day for $20: possible?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TIMSPEED2, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, im usually the rental car King... But im having a helluva time getting a one day rental for less than $30 in Vegas..
    any ideas?
    Just need a car for a day to run out to Hoover Dam.

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim:

We get in late on Friday so can't rent Friday - Monday @ the sale rate of 9.99 $ per day (100 miles per day)......So we are renting Saturday - Monday. Never had done this before but got the same rate (usually $40.+ change for Fri-Mon).....So you might be able to get Sun-Mon for 9.99 $ if you check. Did it on-line....here is their confirmation (parts of it)

Thank you for choosing Enterprise. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, December 27, 2014 at Noon. If you didn't print your confirmation when you reserved your car, please print this Email or record your confirmation number. You may need it when you pick up your rental. Your rental information is summarized below.

-----------------------
    RESERVATION INFORMATION

Pick Up Date: Saturday, December 27, 2014 at Noon

Drop Off Date: Monday, December 29, 2014 at Noon

Pick Up Location Address and Phone Number :
    FLAMINGO/DECATUR
    4517 W FLAMINGO RD
    LAS VEGAS, NV 89103-3702
    Tel.: (702) 365-6662

Car and Rate Information:
    Compact
    Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris or similar
    19.98 USD (2 Days @ 9.99)

3.20 USD (VEHICLE LICENSING COST)

23.18 USD (Subtotal)

2.00 USD (GOVERNMENTAL SERVICES FEE)

0.40 USD (COUNTY TAX)

1.62 USD (SALES TAX)

Total charges 27.20 USD

Additional surcharges, local taxes, etc. may apply.

3. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bubbakitty,
    Is there a promo code for the $9.99 rate. When I check those dates, it comes up $30 per day.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, $30.99/day.

5. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rate is a weekend rate offered by Enterprise from like the middle of September to the end of April (middle of May?) and by weekend I mean Friday - Monday. When you go to Enterprise dot com (or whatever) it will be offered in the upper right corner of the homepage...and asks for dates etc.....click and go with that offer.

I only put 73 miles on the car in October but for 40 $ or so it was worth it to me vs. a cab....it sat for hours in the parking lot(s) but was available if I had wanted to dash somewhere without the headache of a cab.

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/home.do

A little less than 2/3's down the page on the right it says "Weekend $9.99 Special" Click here.....

6. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dec 27-29 no longer is showing the special is available; I plugged in Dec 20-22 and found a few locations participating

7. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it for my October trip / December trip and Super Bowl trip back in August......I had to keep checking the dates on a daily basis (pain in the butt) but finally they were freed up and I jumped on them. I feared they had exempted Vegas from the offer.

Last year at SB the guy was amazed I had the deal as it was "blacked out" but again I start looking in August....good luck and don't give up! (One thing about Enterprise is you don't have to do anything but reserve....you can always cancel without charge if you get a better deal without hassle....too much anyway)

8. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also checked and you are right, it is not available the weekend after Christmas but I went on to check and it IS available the weekend of the SB so at least it is hit and miss....I would still suggest you check each day for two weeks or so....

The best thing for us this trip is staying at Gold Coast so the commute can be a mid day walk and drive back. Reverse when dropping off. When I stay at the Orleans I use the pick me up part and drop me off.....usually a back room guy drops me off but a counter person usually picks you up to rent....

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubba,
    I thought Vegas was exempt too..I'll keep hitting the site to see if it'll let me book it.
    How are you getting to GC on Friday? Cab?

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would check the rates offered by Hotwire for the cheapest car you can get for your days, mainly as a guide as to how low it can be right now. Then try bidding on Priceline a few bucks less for the same type of car (if you're willing to pay that amount.)

I had a reservation for 3 days back in April thru Dollar that I had to go back to the airport to pick up in the afternoon. A few hours before pickup, I checked Hotwire and saw the rate for a 5 day rental (which would have gotten me back to the airport, was about $30 more than my 3 day booking thru Dollar. I then tried bidding on a rental on Priceline under the Hotwire price and was about to get under my 3 day price with a 5 day rental.

The only downside to all of this was I had to wait in line at the counter and hear the whole upsell spiel.

11. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably. I ventured the adventure of taking the bus / three different ones and riding with my peeps but the wife said we go to vegas to get away from her in-laws....so no bus go...but I am holding out hope that the cab driver will be an ex-bus rider / driver. And getting in at late hours is probably best as the peeps usually only ride the 201 to the PHF....but the last few trips they keep missing the stop and ride on down the route.

So yes, probably a cab with no tunnel I would hope for the sake of the guy's fare / tip.

12. clarx

clarx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a mid-size one-day rental for Sat, 11/15, with Advantage, picking up at McCarran and dropping at the Orleans, for base rate of $16.00, after all charges came out to $27. Last several times I'd checked into doing this there was a one-way rental drop charge, $70 I think, but didn't see that this time. Basically the same price as a cab ride, so figured why not?

13. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an idea, but it's not totally legal. And kind of on the edge of immoral. But, it could work.

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do tell! Lol

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking with a government or corporate code, perhaps?

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a lot of people who wouldn't notice if their car was missing for a few days. If it came back clean and with a tank of gas, where's the crime?

17. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure of the exact wording but I think you get clarification at the bail hearing as to what it actually is......

18. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubba, that's why it's important that nobody notices the car is gone. You're acting like I haven't thought this out. :rolleyes2:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.