1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Roulette, play for the dealer?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by pokerbucketlist, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a away to play for the dealer in roulette ?

Say a red black bet, place it a certain way?? Haven't seen it but thought why not?

2. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you put out the bet just tell them it is for the dealer. They will acknowledge you and collect if it wins. I usually like to ask the dealer for there favorite number, and bet a buck on it.

3. pokerbucketlist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, if the table is $15, can I put a one dollar chip on black and say it's for them?

4. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed just tell them, if you want to bet for them on the same number as you, the typical way to be for them is stagger the bet for them on top of your chips!

5. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never bet the even money bets for them, but I think so.

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, as long as you have an additional $14 on outside bets. I think.

7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought you could do just a buck for the crew, like on craps you can bet a buck for the crew in places you can't bet a buck.

8. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did not know that.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played a lot of roulette and don't recall ever seeing anybody making bets for the dealer - that method seems to be better suited for games where its closer to a 50/50 wager and most of the time you only win one betting unit at a time, like blackjack and craps.

With roulette because players will usually have multiple bets spread across the table and wins are usually in the form of stacks of chips the tipping method generally used seems more like poker: when the dealer is sliding you a stack of winning chips (or a pot in poker) you peel a couple off the top and toss them their way as a tip.

10. pokerbucketlist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why I thought red black would be a good fun way to tip. I don't see why they shouldn't allow it. No big difference to putting $1 on pass line or on BJ . And house gets a good 5 cents or so per bet!!

11. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well usually the dealer's bet will compliment your bet - in craps if you are putting $25 on the pass line to put an extra $1 out for the dealer is just like you putting $26 on the pass line... in roulette it would be the same thing: if you are betting $10 on black and then putting an extra $1 out for the dealer that would be fine.

But if you are betting nothing but inside on the numbers and then put $1 on black then the bet for the dealer isn't really complimenting your bets so they aren't "playing with you" and that wouldn't work because the $1 outside bet doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the table and the bet isn't like its normally done: where you bet for the dealer where its "if I win, you win" - like if you put $10 on black for you and then $1 on red for the dealer, who does the dealer root for? You to win because then you win, or you to lose so that they get the tip?

So yeah it would be totally fine if you were betting an outside spot (red, black, odd, even, a column, first twelve, etc) and then put a chip beside it or slightly askew in the stack as a "for the dealer" bet - and it would meet the table minimum requirement.

12. Ulose

Ulose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I get on a good roll I give the dealer a few bucks "to keep" and a few bucks "to bet". They have always spread them inside. Sometimes covering my bet, sometimes not.

13. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We bet for the dealer all the time. Always on a number, never an even bet. Ask their fav number or birthday and either throw an extra chip on the number for them. I usually play nickels and you would be amazed at the amount of times their number hits. Sometimes they tell me to play some of the surrounding numbers and if they hit, I just give a straight tip. Dealers seem to love it.

Husband split his last spin of the night with the dealer and both walked away with $900+ when 19 came in. Lots of hugs from the Ballys pit crew that night.

So, it's done and appreciated. Lots of fun for table when dealer and pit boss are cheating your numbers on.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don;t play much roulette, but I always put out a $5 chip for the dealer on the first spin. I don;t use a different chip or anything, I just mention that it's a dealer bet.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.