1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo: EStandby Upgrade vs $20 trick

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Uttad40, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uttad40

Uttad40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am trying to get upgraded to a Go room, which is the better way to go? Obviously the $20 trick will only cost $20 but the estandby will be almost $100 over 3 nights. Should I try tipping $40 at the front desk? Not sure if this thread belongs here or in $20 trick forum but it is about the Flamingo.

thanks!

2. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the estandby?

3. Uttad40

Uttad40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email today asking if I wanted to select any room upgrades at a reduced rate. When I check in, if that room type is available, I will get it for that discounted rate. Everything from a fab strip view (cheapest) to jr suites. I am checking in 10/31.

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of the Caesar properties usually offer this once you book your reservation and hit your confirmation page. The Cosmopolitan offers it as well. It lists several upgrade options that you can check off if you wish to receive and agree to pay a certain amount per night. None of them are usually hot deals, but you might stumble upon one that is decent. Usually they are about market value and probably not worth it. (for example the Red Room at Paris was a $40/night upgrade, and the Wraparound Terrace was a $180/night upgrade).

The upgrade isn't guaranteed, and you can check off all options to "better" your chances at an upgrade. If it is available, you are bound to pay the amount you agreed to pay by checking off the upgrade you wanted if available. I have seen early check in offered for $25, VIP check in etc.

In the end - it depends on the property. Flamingo - I would probably do what you can to book the GO room in advance and guarantee it since the regular room is just inferior.

5. Uttad40

Uttad40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info!

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at the flamingo oct 8-14

Had requested a go room with the E standby upgrade(32$ a night) when i checked in clerk told me i had a fab room, i asked about the upgrade and she told me that i didnt get it but some room open up since then and she upgraded for 6 nights to a go room with strip view, she didnt charge me a dime and i didnt use the 20$ trick

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really want to get the upgrade then pay for it upfront, this way you're not disappointed on the day of your arrival. If the upgrade isn't a necessity for you then try to do the $20 trick at check-in or politely ask the FD agent if any upgrades are available.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's tough, but the Go room is WAY WAY WAY better. It's worth it to pay. There is so much room for error with the $20 trick... you never know what's gonna happen.

What $33 a night? That does seem fair to me. I mean it's Vegas, I'll blow $33 in 5 minutes haha. Seems like a small price to pay for a massively better room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.