1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sapphire Questions

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by mpaul7857, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone

Heading out to my home away from home in about 20 days :)

Leaving the GF at home this time and taking my cousin... We were going to buy the Groupon for Sapphire Pool/Day Club. The idea of a day club/pool at a strip club is very intriguing... but has anyone bought the groupon? It says it includes a limo ride, entry, and two drinks for $30... any thoughts?

What should I expect from the place itself? Let me know if there is somewhere a bit more enjoyable we should go instead, both around 26-27 yrs old

Thanks!! :nworthy:

2. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No one knows about this deal?? :drunk: I just want to make sure I choose the best spot to get inebriated, we don't want to spend a ton of cash, but wanna have a blast, that groupon seemed like a good deal

Thanks!

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok 2 things, well 3 actually
    first the hottest dancers will only work at night when it's busiest and most money is in the club
    next you want to go to a strip club and not spend everything you brought?, lol good luck
    last, go to the Rhino instead, free limousine and cover charge, just tip the driver a 20

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah... every strip club that I know of offers free limo and entry if you call ahead.

So, you're really just paying for the drinks with that groupon, IMO.

Like frank said, I'd rather go at night.

5. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. This is all you ever need.

6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey if you end up going to the Rhino, see if a girl named Amber (or was it Jade? Sasha?) is there.
    Anyway, you will know who I am talking about:
    Blonde hair, thin, pretty face, big boobs, skimpy clothing, long legs, and a visiting student from the SoCal area, working for her tuition on the weekends.
    Tell her Long John says hello, she will know who I am.

7. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha ok so the Rhino?!? Does that include a limo ride home? I have not been to one of these fine establishments in Vegas? How far from the strip is this?

Sounds like a winner to me fellas, would a Sunday night be good up there too? Or just Sat?

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use your head. The best strippers work the peak hours. Saturday early evening is probably the best time. Like 7ish. Not too crowded yet and the "A"team is probably on.

If you go non-peak hours you'll probably end up with the "B" team.

That's okay sometimes though... I went to Olympic Gardens and I think they had their "C" team on that night. Those girls worked hard and cheap. Anything goes kind of night.

9. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    any weekend night will be busy, like Tokyo subway car packed, be warned standing room only
    drinks can be $15-17/ea if you're drinking more than beer and they only give you a ride there
    after they drain your wallet?...they don't give a damn, so rat hole some cab fare

10. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No limo ride home but a taxi ride will cost you $15-20 to the Strip.
    Rhino is not far from the strip about 5-10 min.
    Sunday is just as good as Saturday, maybe even better because it will be less crowded.
    If you go before 7pm, you can get the Happy Hour special with bottle of vodka for $110 dollars.

My favorite Rhino story:
    I met a bunch of young guys playing craps at Planet Hollywood.
    They were playing the minimum, but got on a heater and kept shooting, and making me a lot of money, about $22K by the end.
    So we naturally were high-fiving and hooting and hollering and having a blast.
    They were very nice guys, very polite, with positive energy, unlike a lot of obnoxious jerks you see these days.
    I find out this was their first trip to Vegas, they had just turned 21, and were staying at the Imperial Palace (RIP), because that was all they could afford.
    Having been there in my younger days, I asked them if they wanted to see my suite, which had its own pool table.
    (I was mainly staying at the Cosmo, but went to PHo to scout out their Boulevard suites for my nephew's upcoming 21st birthday trip.)
    They came up to the suite, and were awe-struck, which made me feel good because I knew my nephew and his friends would also like it.
    Then I said "You guys want to stay here instead of the Imperial Palace? I don't actually need the room after tonight."
    They were floored, and of course said yes. I told them I would need to get write down their drivers license information, and they would have to use their credit cards for the room etc.
    but overall I felt good about these guys, and trusted that nothing crazy was going to happen.

Then I said, let's go celebrate my big win at the Spearmint Rhino.
    They said they had never been to a strip club before! They were SC virgins!
    I order a limo, we get to the Rhino, and had $1.5K to spend (having locked the other $20.5K in my safe).
    I gave each of them (3 guys) $300 to spend on lap dances, bought drinks etc.
    Of course, they were drooling and falling in love from all the female attention they were getting from the hotties there.
    One guy said "I think she is really into me!" and he was serious! HaHaHa!
    I was thinking, "Ahh...how I wish I could recreate that feeling of heightened horniness and limitless sexual possibilities that I had many years ago when I was exposed to that environment for the first time." Now, of course I know it is all an illusion, but oh well, all I could do was envy these guys for what they were feeling and experiencing.
    After an hour, I leave them there, at about 5AM, with plans to meet up at PHo about noon so I could give them room keys, attach their credit card to the room etc.

At noon they don't show up, so I call them. No answer.
    Finally, I get a call back and they said sorry they overslept, they would be right over.
    They get to PHo, and they tell me they had a long walk back to the Imperial Palace from the Rhino.
    I said why didn't you just take a cab?
    They said they had spent all the money I gave them, PLUS all the cash they had, PLUS had tapped out all their credit cards!
    They left the Rhino penniless!
    I laughed so hard, they thought I was having a seizure.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  11. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha, I took my 45 yr old cousin to the rhino for the first time 2 weekends ago, now he's from Denmark and maybe 10 years ago someone took him to a SC here in LA, but even at 45 he acted like those kids I almost had to drag him away from the love of his life...in fact he called me 3 times this week asking if he flew coach for 10 hours could I take him back to the Rhiz before New years?...I said do you want to gamble too?, nope LOL

12. ultima-forsan

ultima-forsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the best Vegas Story I ever read. EVER! :beer:

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I need to brighten my mood, I think about these guys walking back to the Imperial Palace because they couldn't afford a cab from the Rhino.
    There are so many little subtleties that make the story so funny:
    1) It's not like they spent all their cash, but then they could go back to a NICE suite...no, they were all crammed into the horrible Imp Palace, the most run-down hotel on the strip at the time!
    2) It's not like any of them got any real action, not even a real deep French kiss. One of them of course paid for the "champagne private room", even though I warned them repeatedly DO NOT fall for that scam. He was genuinely perplexed and disappointed that he didn't even get a hand job. So they all left, just as horny as they arrived, but penniless!
    3) THEY did this to themselves: no one pointed a gun at them and robbed them, against their will.
    4) From the Rhino to Imperial Palace was only 1.5 miles, but in the hot Vegas morning sun, when they were hung-over, it must have felt like 10 miles.... the ultimate humiliating morning "walk-of-shame"!

Epilogue: I have stayed in touch with these guys, and we have subsequently continued to party together in Vegas. They have become my buddies, and I suspect for life. One of them even invited me to his wedding next year, on the condition that I could not make any toasts at the wedding dinner!
    They are extremely grateful to me for showing them the high-roller side of Vegas, and I told them to pay it forward: when they get older and have money, show some younger guys how Vegas can be done. Also, I made them promise that when I get really old, they would arrange for one last Vegas trip where they can roll me up to the craps table in my wheelchair, pour champagne into my feeding tube, make sure my oxygen tank was turned on full, and let me roll the bones, one more time!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  14. mpaul7857

mpaul7857 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys are great

Yeah I'll have to check out the Rhino

Does Sapphire suck? The fact they have a POOL and a STRIP CLUB intrigues me?!!? Am I off base here fellas!?!??!

15. Hobofrank

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's ok but it's like a Honda compared to a Porsche

16. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im not sure which one is which!

Rhino is a typical club, Low ceilings, smokey, dark, music is more low key.

Sapphire was a huge warehouse looking place, dark with neon lights. More club like atmosphere.

girls to me are about equal. sapphire was more aggressive when I went.
    The stages are more accessible at Rhino, if you just want to spend dollars and watch.

fk

17. ultima-forsan

ultima-forsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow this is awesome! It just sound like a Vegas movie.. really. I need friends just like you! :drunk:

18. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sapphire is more of a party environment IMO, way to loud an open.

19. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never understood the appeal of a strip club ,maybe its because I'm from a very liberal country, but I never understood why someone would spend serious $$$$ for a lap dance a la looky looky no touchy.. Get a $150,- full body rub instead or a hooker for $300,- more fun for the same amount

20. mtn49

mtn49 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a commitment thing. Paying by the dance, 2 songs and she is on the way. Chill for a while, give in to another offer. 2 songs send her on the way. If you commit to a 30 min private room or an hour encounter or even a rub and tug, you miss out on more variety. If it doesn't go well, no connection, it is a downer. The down side is, it is more "satisfying" to also be unclothed. Can't happen in a SC. After being in Amsterdam, Spain, Mexico, Stip Clubs are losing their appeal...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.