1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ZARKANA-did you enjoy it.

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by john meriman, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    saw this two weeks ago and was very disappointed with it i thought it was a just compilation of bits of the other cirque shows ive seen in vegas- they dress the acts differently with no noticable theme and i was bored out of my mind.
    saw mj one and am still raving about how good it was.
    another show i was disappointed with was jubillee- my 7th time seeing it-they have destroyed it with the re-vamp-inferior fill in acts between the big production numbers.
    the 2nd new production number was abysmal.this was my last time seeing it.
    i also enjoyed ka enormously for the 2nd time.
    ive enjoyed most of the cirque shows but not zarcana.:wink2::beer::thumbsdown:

2. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your opinion of Zarkana. I thought it was by far the worst of the Cirque shows. Our tickets were free via MyVegas but I still felt like I had wasted my time. That should never be true of a show that cost nothing.

Loved O and Mystere. I liked Ka. I was underwhelmed by Love but I know a lot of people really enjoy that one.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also found Zarkana very boring, and have not taken comped tix last couple of times at Aria. I like O and Mystere so it's not Cirque, it's Zarkana.

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Zarkana never did anything for me...and I have already given it 3 tries...lol. Strangely, my third time watching it was better than the previous two. Perhaps, I have been watching Love so much, I forgot a lot of the traditional Cirque acts, which made my third try somewhat better. With that said, I agree, Zarkana is pretty much a mix of existing acts from other Cirque shows. I also passed on comp tix during my last trip to Aria. The trip before that, I gave the tix to my friend and his gf. Love and MJ One are my favorite CDS shows in Vegas. Le Reve is my favorite Cirque-like non-Cirque show!

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it tuesday

Nodded off a few times

Nothing was great or really funny

No thanks to Zarkana

6. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you must be a glutton for punishment-3 times- saw le reve again this trip- as you say -awesome-pity these reviews were not posted here prior to my visit-i could have spent my vegas reward elsewhere:wink2::nworthy:

7. Anew

Anew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen Zarkana twice and enjoyed it much more the second time. I agree that is seems to lack a theme. However, I find all the acts entertaining, some even keeping me sitting on the edge of my seat. The music, costumes and lighting are all artfully done. The show is probably not worth the full price charged for seats. But this a coupon or discount Zarkana is great entertainment.

8. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add me to the list of people who declined comp tix when staying at Aria. Saw it last year and it was just ok. I think the highlight for me was the sand artist - and when that's the highlight, that's a problem. I absolutely LOVE O, and unexpectedly loved Zumanity too. So I agree, it's not Cirque, it's Zarkana. But the Zarkgria from the concession is amazing! ;)

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the sand artist at Zarkana. I am no expert on Cirque de Soleil, but somehow the sand portion of the show nearly left me in tears...the rest was physical stuff etc. But for free...it was good. The audience was really into it when I went.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DH & I both fell asleep....seems to be a pattern here!
    We loved LOVE & Zumanity...Zarkana was just boring, little to hold the attention. It felt like they took the weakest acts from all Cirque acts & put them all in Zarkana.
    Did like the sand artist & the juggler. Didn't hate the show but definitely didn't love it. It was OK. Would have been miffed if I had paid for it.

11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it about a year and half ago. Thought it was boring too. I literally fell asleep. I have seen O, Love, Mystere and Ka and loved all 4.

12. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was meh. Would I watch it again? No. Would I recommend it to a friend or family? No. Out of all the Cirque shows at the MGM properties, I like "O".

13. Saaz

Saaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw it for a second time with two newbies, one having never seen Cirque. They were both amazed. I thought the changes they made were a plus for the show. I have seen dozens of Cirque shows and would agree that for me its kind of plain. I think the problem is Vegas is over Cirqued. Put eight Terry Fators in Vegas and it would be the same problem. The quality has been watered down. For those who have seen Ka recently, have they brought back the final battle. Without that scene they might as well shutter the production.

14. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I saw it I fell asleep but I'd just gotten into town and had been up for about 30 hours straight. Have seen it and Ka twice since then. Maybe I'm the oddball but I prefer the circus acts of Zarkana over Ka. Don't get me wrong, Ka and it's theater is amazing but between the 2 I'd rather see Zarkana. I'd love to see O or Zumanity but the myVegas deals are blacked out for our next trip. Going to have to see what other deals I can find.

Sidenote, it's no where near as impressive but Carrot Top was by far the most entertaining 90 minutes I've had in Vegas.

15. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of April it was still a video on the wall. This was MONTHS after the accident, I'm amazed they haven't come up with anything to replace that, if it were earlier in the show it wouldn't be so bad.

16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not seen the reworked version. Will be seeing it for the second time at Thanksgiving. Seeing it the first time made me realize that:

"If you've seen one Cirque Du Soleil, you've pretty much seen them all", there are special things about each show, such as the sand sculptress at Zarkana or the moving stage at Ka', but all in all, they're all pretty much the same show built around a different theme.

The one show I'd highly recommend is the Blue Man Group. I saw it three times, the second two times were 10 years apart. Highly entertaining.

I'm looking forward to seeing Absinthe on a future trip.

17. cyvegasgirl

cyvegasgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it because we had comped tickets. It was ok but wouldn't pay for it or see again.

18. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegasqc.. I think we were at the same show.. Tuesday 10/14... I kept nodding off too... seemed like there was nothing new or interesting to watch... comedy bits were childish and annoying.. I felt like this was for children really.... again I fell asleep and this was partially due to the show being dull but apparently I was coming down with a 24 hour bug too! But funny we may have been at the same show... 9:30 PM show.

19. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the 7.00 pm show , at 9.30 i was enjoying Vegastheshow but i agree with your review haha

20. RyanM8704

RyanM8704 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 free tickets to see Zarkana in November, as it was a promo through WestJet Vacations. Now I am a bit nervous after reading this thread that I may be bored. Any other thoughts or suggestions? I have seen KA and Le Reve. Would "O" at Bellaggio or Michael Jackson "ONE" be better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.