1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Multiple hosts and comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Smallz23, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I already took an offer from my host from Aria.. Now I know that you're not allowed to ask your host for something then ask another host to comp you with another offer... My question is.. Would I be able to do that if I have separate hosts for different MGM resorts?

2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never done it, but would think it would be okay if you have a good relationship with both host. Hosts at mgm properties only host at that property. If you book 2 comps at different hotels at mlife you will need adequate play at each hotel to keep your hosts happy. You cannot book 2 corporate offers at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  3. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They typically will not let you have multiple offers simultaneously at the same group. Are you trying to book a comp trip at a hotel like Bellagio while you are at Aria? If so, that won't fly.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure it shows up in their computers.

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

It most definitely shows up in the computer. You can ask the second host if he/she can work around it. Worst answer will be no. Your best bet is to double book a CET prop, W/E, V/P, or Cosmo.

6. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are pretty sticky with the 72 hours between offers with MLife. You can probably get free rooms back to back, offers they treat differently; although, it never hurts to ask, worst case scenario the answer will be "no".

7. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice. My host at aria comped my entire trip +lakers tix.. I wanted to see if I could book back to back and take up on an offer with a host from Mandalay Bay. I'm going to just play it safe and stick with just Aria. Thanks again. :)

8. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I come to vegas for my usually two weeks trips, I never had an issue booking the first week at MB and second week at Aria. Always comped with food credits at both hotels and back-to-back, all booked through my hosts.

9. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 weeks! Must be nice. I don't think I could afford spending 2 weeks in Vegas. It'll def leave a big dent in my wallet =x

10. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming from Germany, on a weekend trip I had to spent more time in a plane as being in Vegas! :faint:
    On two times per year, my wallet had 6 months year to grow again. :headbang:

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure you can book back to back with a sister property.

Call the other host; you're not risking anything.

What you can't do is get simultaneous comps from hosts at sister properties.

12. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this specifically at Mandalay and at NYNY when I had freeplay at both. It was done back to back, but I have a good relationship with my host at NYNY so I think she went around the rules. I made the mistake of booking the NYNY offer first and my host and Mandalay said he couldn't do it, so I cancelled NYNY, booked Mandalay and then re-booked the NYNY offer through the host I have a good relationship with.

Bottom line: if your host says it can't be done they are lying. They can go around just about any rule on their own. Just make sure you have a good relationship with them and put in proper play.

13. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

This is good to know!

14. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty for the advice!

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's OK to ask hosts to make arrangements for you for back to back stays. What they might not be able to do is attach specific terms of two different offers to both stays.

So if you have an offer from MLife for Property A with offer code AAAA2 for FreePlay and Resort Credit, and one from Property B offer code BBBB2 for the same thing, hosts A and B will both book you, but you might only be able to get the FreePlay, etc on one offer or the other, but not both. Or they'll say that, but if you're a big enough player, they'll find a way to do it.

And you probably don't want to play one MGM host off the other for times when you're only staying at one property. They won't like that at all. Pitting hosts from different chains against each other is OK though, depending on how you finesse it.

16. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just something to keep in mind, these also don't necessarily have to be corporate offers. Hosts at MGM properties are notorious for using their discretion when it comes to giving out Free Play/Slot Play to customers based on a last trip played. Or also sometimes matching offers from competing properties.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.