1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Complimentary access to Foundation Room and miX Lounge - how?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by schmalen1, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys!

Will be staying at a Sky View Suite @ MB in a couple weeks.
    This seem to come along with complimentary access to Foundation Room and miX Lounge (and the Spa as well).
    Does anyone know, how this works? :confused2:
    Last time I'd stayed there, I didn't make use of this. Got an extra key card for the penthouse lounge but my room key doesn't look any special.
    Just charge it to the room, present them my room card? Thx for your help! :kiss:

While we're on, is it ok to provide myself in the VIP-CI for beverages like I do in the SkySuites lobby? :beer:

2. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Mandalay Bay on Labor Day and had heard about the great view from Mandalay Bay. I called the concierge's desk a few weeks in advance and said I'd like to be able to go up to take a look at the view. He put my name on the list for the day, with the proviso that I should get in before 9:30 because then they would start charging. When I got there, I had no problem because my name was on the list...except I had to go change into dress pants , not blue jeans, because of their dress code.

I would think with your complimentary access, you should be able to go any time, but a call to the concierge to get your name on the list wouldn't hurt.

3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really odd about the jeans issue. I've worn them up there numerous times.

4. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya me too. Maybe the dress code changes at a certain time?

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, I've been up there on numerous occasions in jeans (albeit with a nice dress shirt and a blazer).

As to access, it's plenty easy to get up there during the afternoon/evening up until nightclub time starts; I've never even had to put my name on any sort of list or make advance arrangements, I just head to the podium and tell them I'm going up to get some food. Then I sit at the bar, have a drink outside, etc. One of my favorite spots in Vegas.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the Foundation Room. A few years ago it was open to the public on Taco Tuesdays. The next night it was by invitation only. We asked our waitress to put us on the "list" and we went up with our invitation. It wasn't our scene so we were only on club night for 15 minutes.

7. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First good thing, I'm allowed to wear my jeans! :wink

This all sounds so good, but it seems, no one is experienced with the access for the penthouse levels, or? :confused2: Foundation Room might be easy. Think I reach it through the elevator for the penthouse levels which only are available with the room key. :headbang:

For the Mix, I think I just gonna find out how it works and will ask the very helpfully VIP-Counter. :hmmm:

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeans are good, just wear a nice collared shirt and no sneakers.
    Foundation room should be fairly easy to get in as long as your staying there, talk to concierge or call FR yourself. FR is one of my favorite lounges to start the night off. If your getting bottle service ask for Buddha room .

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to call. Been up there several times. Get there just before sunset and walk right in with no cover.

10. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a little issue this week at Mix/Foundation. I had called Mix before we left and confirmed that we were good to go at 5PM this past Tuesday. We arrived and were told there was a private function. Not a good start but, because of our situation, we would get passes to the Foundation Room. Awesome, I thought. When we got to the foundation room elevator, we were asked for ID by the young lady at the door. We were two well dressed couples ranging from late forties to early sixties and one of the girls +60 didn't have her ID. They steadfastly refused to let us up. She kind of lost it on the girl so I didn't feel comfortable escalating this situation right then and there. We simply left and went to another place to dine pre-show.

Anyone come across this before? Who would I now contact to discuss? Mandalay Bay or Foundation Room?

11. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no problem wearing Jeans there but not wearing shoes almost got me kicked out ... long story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.