1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

steakhouses: sw -vs- stk -vs- n9ne

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by random512, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Hello, I'm trying to decide on a steakhouse. I like modern, decked out restaurants with clean presentation and cool crowd. I've read good things about all 3 steakhouses but I need to pick 1. I'm leaning towards stk but it's just a guess. Which 1 would you recommend?

2. OnetimePLZ

OnetimePLZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to all three more than once. For N9ne it's been over 2 years so I might not be up to date with them, but as the Palms has a decline in the " cool crowd" I would assume that counts for N9ne as well.
    Steak quality I would rank SW- STK- N9
    Cool crowd rank STK - SW - N9 ( as writen not sure about N9ne here )
    As for Steak I would do SW. For the cool crowd STK, just what ever is more important to you ( The difference in cool crowd between the two might be bigger , than steak quality)
    To be honest I dont think u can go wrong with either STk or SW.
    If "Cool crowd" is really important go on a monday to STK, thats when the have there industiry night party " Magnum mondays".

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on your "criteria", I think you should also consider 35 Steaks & Martini's @ Hard Rock. Outstanding food and a hostess and serving staff to die for...

4. random512

random512 Low-Roller

@plz - thanks for the helpful ranking! looks like I can cross n9ne off the list relative to the other 2. based on your feedback, stk seems like a safe bet to try first.

5. random512

random512 Low-Roller

@smartone - thanks for the tip. I'll put 35 on my list of steakhouses to check out.

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The atmosphere at SW is amazing, and probably the best all around.

7. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the 3 you mentioned I have only eaten at N9ne. The atmosphere is very nice(dark, quiet and a great staff). Food is amazing. We had a few apps which were all good (Ahi tuna tartare, stuffed mushrooms, and buffalo chicken wantons). The 35 day dry aged rib eye is probably the best steak I have ever eaten. Fat was marbled perfectly throughout, seasoned and cooked just right. I tried a little bit of the lobster thermidore my buddy got and that was great too. The sides were on point too. I couldn't believe how rich the mac and cheese was without being heavy.... and how can you go wrong with lobster mashed potatoes. Service there was on point... always there to take care of you without being annoying.

8. Ross11988

Ross11988 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prime or SW?

9. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like a modern feel I'd also consider Cut. It is outstanding. I always thought SW was my favorite steak until I tried Cut.

10. bucac_tau

bucac_tau Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On strip: SW
    Off strip: Del Frisco's

11. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One great thing about SW is that if you sit outside you feel like you're far away from the strip because of the fake mountain and all. There is the lake of dreams show at night which some people don't like. I get a kick out of it even after seeing it twice.

12. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hoping to see the lake of dreams show at sw in a couple weeks

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.