1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bus help needed, please

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother is arriving tomorrow and he says looking at the WAX schedule, he'll miss the timely bus and have to wait another hour to go downtown to 4Q. He asked me for advice. Well, the only bus I've ever taken from McCarren is the WAX, so I'm of no help.

I said he probably could take the Deuce but with all the stops, it might just be faster to wait for the next WAX.

Bus experts a little help, please. BTW, my other advice was that he could afford it, just take a cab. ~$25 w/tip, no tunnel and Paradise, but principals are involved. :wink2:

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other bus to look into from the airport to downtown is the Centennial Express (CX). The CX takes about 10 minutes longer to get downtown from the airport than the WAX does, but that's still better than waiting an hour. The CX drops off downtown at the same stop as the WAX, and the fare is the same price as the WAX.

The important thing to know about the CX is that it only departs from Airport Terminal 3, unlike the WAX which departs from both Terminal 1 and 3. So, if your brother is arriving via Southwest Airlines, he'd need to take the shuttle or tram to Terminal 3 after arriving.

A schedule for both the CX and WAX is available here: http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/AirportBrochure_0114_24x11.pdf

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doh, I didn't realize the CX only leaves from 3. I think I fly in/out of 1 on Allegiant, so that kind of stinks. How long does it take to get from 1 to 3?

4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He can hop on the next 108 bus at terminal 1, it will take a few min longer to get downtown and will drop him off at the bonneville transit center(about 5 blocks from the fremont st exp), but it's better than waiting an hour. I have done that a couple times.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he can take the 108 or 109 to the Bonneville Bus Terminal and pick up the Deuce to Fremont.

6. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a few minutes. You can transfer terminals via the tram system inside the airport, or you can take the free inter-terminal shuttle. More info on doing both is available on the McCarran Airport website.
    https://www.mccarran.com/Go/Inter-TerminalShuttle.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.