1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tender Steak Luxor thru MyVegas

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Flynn1985, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, was thinking of using lps for the $75 credit at the Tender steak restaurant in the Luxor just wondered if anyone has been and if they recommend it. Also what is the dress code, would dress shorts and a polo shirt be ok ?

thanks

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's typically mentioned among the best steakhouses in Vegas. Certainly top 10.

3. Viskorix

Viskorix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there my last trip earlier this year. If you have a credit it is well worth it. It looked to me like the dress code was resort casual. I think you would be fine in a polo and dress shorts. I wore a polo and slacks. I would not put it in my top five steak houses in Vegas, but I bought their fixed price menu and thought it was a good bargain for the money. I would not pay full price to eat there. I prefer Del Frisco's, Morels (V/P), or Ruth's to be better steak houses. Unless you are ordering $300 bottles of wine, the $75 will make your dinner a great value IMHO.

I found the atmosphere, décor and service to be great as well.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there last Thanksgiving and the food was very excellent. Service was phenominal!!

I started with the soup trio (double lobster bisque, and 1 of the chili), then had the dry aged ribeye and added pan seared scallops and side of the truffle mac-n-cheese, then ended with the dessert trio.

Everything except the truffle mac was amazing, I would not recommend the truffle mac.

Drink prices were reasonable too, Macallan 12 was $14 a glass.

The dress code ranged from suits, to sweatpants and a basketball jersey. Just wear what you feel comfortable in.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way would I rank in my personal top 10 Vegas steakhouses, but it was okay. Service was very good, but everything else was easily forgettable. Ate there last August.

Dress code was relaxed, most weren't even dressed business casual.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there in April and would go back with the coupon. I highly recommend the wild game charcuterie for an appetizer and the wild mushrooms as a side. The steak was good but not particularly memorable. However, the service was excellent and the atmosphere very relaxed. I think it's one of the best values-per-LP on MyVegas.

7. Flynn1985

Flynn1985 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the replys, sounds really good especially with a voucher

8. Irishwake

Irishwake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Da1chifan described it perfectly.....it's just Okay.

With a coupon I would go back, without probably not.

9. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate there with my wife in August with the myVegas voucher. The food was pretty good and service was AWESOME. I agree that it might not be worth it if you're paying full price, but with $75 off, it's a great deal!

10. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

Ate there in September with MyVegas reward. Thought it was worth it. Well cooked steak and good atmosphere. Good sides as well. We were dressed up well on a Saturday night and saw most others were as well.

11. LuckyDog77

LuckyDog77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for additional tips on this. How would this compare with, say, Gallagher's at NYNY?

12. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would equate them as about the same. I like Gallagher's food a little better, but frequent both of them regularly.
    I feel Tender's has a slightly more upscale atmosphere then Gallagher's, but not enough to matter in any discernible way.

13. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister had the bison ribeye this summer and she still talks about it. I had the filet it was good. Sides were also good and the cocktails as well.

14. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tender is among the top tier of MGM restaurants.

We have been there 4 or 5 times in the past 2 years. Never a bad experience, bad meal or a bad dish.

My ranking would have it on par with Craftsteak and ahead of Striipsteak (MB) and Gallaghers(NYNY).

With the MyVegas coupon, I would rank it the best value, of all the MGM restaurants.

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Tender, it was good.. for what it is. Don't go in expecting Gordon Ramsay steak, but it was a good steak, in a good atmosphere, with good service at moderate prices. Certainly worth doing for $75 off in my opinion. I had the original $150 credit, it covered nearly my entire bill for 2 (no alcohol).

16. Bthuring

Bthuring Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First post, but had to reply. We used the 75 credit and loved it. My wife had the filet and I had the bison Osso Bucco. It was wonderful and the ambiance was quite nice. I would pay full price here, but won't happen as long as they have the credit out there. We went to the Australian Bee Gee's show last weekend and went to Rice and Co. for dinner with the 50 credit since we had beef the night b4 at Lawrie's Prime Rib House. It was good, but we regretted not going back to Tender.

17. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Defo worth the LP's, took my Brother in August and had 2 fat steaks done to perfection.
    Probably one of the better rewards available IMO :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.