1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Update on my cat Jack

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of our pet lovers may remember that we got a kitten named Jack in July of 2012. I came in here bragging about how dang cute he was (he's a handsome devil). And then I came in here whining that he doesn't love me enough. Some of you gave me some good advice and I did follow it as best I could. So, I wanted to let you know that Jack is almost 2.5 years old now and our relationship is in a good place. We're more accepting and understanding of each other and our styles of affection. He now comes to me for cuddles a couple of times a day (still on his terms) and allows me to pick him up more. And I give him more space and don't coddle him with the high pitched crazy cat lady gibberish. He sleeps with me more often than he used to (I cheated, I got a faux fur pillow case and throw). He's even started doing some cute things he used to only do with my husband. Thanks to everybody who gave me advice on this.

What I've learned from this is that nobody finds desperate neediness attractive, not even cats.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good news. Thanks for the update. Of course a picture of Jack would be great!

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes....always good to hear positives about felines....they are a moody bunch and once "understood" it is no wonder the ancient Egyptians held them so revered. Yes a picture would be nice as well.

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be an official crazy cat lady, you need at least eleven more. Lol Glad it worked out.

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Jack isn't giving you enough affection, you can always get some Buster snuggles!

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you two are getting along!

You're a good person for having made the effort instead of holding a grudge against the little guy. :thumbsup:

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so glad you two have found common ground and have an improved relationship!

(this week appears to be my husband's week with the cat - she alternates whose lap she prefers but it seems to even out over time ;-)

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I get it. You want to see how dang cute Jack is so you can try to charm him away from me. Back off hussy!

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And in other Cat News, Rocky the pet Bobcat is loose again a few miles away. The judge warned the owner that this would be Rockys last escape,zoo for him now.We had a nasty rain and thunder storm last night,maybe Rocky is thinking the house cat life isnt so bad .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.