1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL Week Six Discussion

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Vegas Insight, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atlanta -3

3. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my early tendencies:
    colts -2.5 @ texans
    packers -3.5 @fins
    bucs +3 vs ravens
    patriots -3 @ bills
    eagles -2.5 vs giants
    lions -3 @ vikings

colts made me money this year. 50% of budget for this week goes into that game.
    and i think i split the rest on the other 5 games.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Giant fan here DOES NOT like this spot..Like Philly and the over. Also think Denver will kill the Jets.

5. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now I'm really liking Atlanta to cover 3 at home vs. Chicago. Atlanta's home field really gives their excellent receiving corps an edge against a banged up Bears secondary. I expect the Bears mistake prone ways to continue on the road as well.

The Detroit Minnesota game is intriguing as well. Some books have the Lions as only a 1.5 point favorite and while a lot of injury uncertainty exists for the game (Bridgewater, Megatron) my gut tells me that Detroits defensive front is just way way better than Minnesota's O-Line. Detroit should have won last week had they had any semblance of a kicker. Conversely, I witnessed firsthand the complete inability of Minnesota to either run or pass protect against a weak Packers front.

I'm interested in what the over under on Washington Arizona is. Between Arizona potentially having no QB and Washington's likely inability to run against AZ it smells like a low scoring game to me.

UPDATE: Also looking at the San Diego/Oakland under at 43. Two good defenses and a complete disaster of an offense in OAK. Game seems unlikely to be competitive, something like 18-3 final seems likely.

6. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denver giving the points. After last week's debacle in SD and players starting to voice their opinion on what's going on in practice during the week, the Jets tailspin will continue.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^ i agree!!!

8. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be betting NFL at the Aria this weekend and I have already previewed the MGM lines. This is what looks good to me right now:

Denver (At Jets): Denver at -7.5 (I expect this line to move significantly before I get there; Denver may be 10 point favorites by then)

Miami (Home against GB): Miami at +3.5 (I think GB is a fraud and I like Miami getting points at home and coming off of a bye week)

Carolina (at Cincy): Carolina at +7 (I think that Carolina is better than people think and Cincy is worse)

SD (at Oakland): SD at -7 (This line could not be high enough; SD is 5-0 against the spread this year and Oakland is terrible; this is another line that may be a lot higher by the time I arrive)

NY at Philly: Over 50 (Philly and NY are both strong offensively and weak defensively, Philly has hit the over in 4 out of 5 games and NY has hit the over in its last three games)

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah....They will pull it together and pull off an unexpected win like the Pats did this Sunday. :wink2:

10. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A teaser taking Denver and San Diego would almost be a sure thing??

11. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denver,Green Bay,New England, San Francisco to all cover. On the fence with San Diego and Seattle. Giants game should be good. Jmho.

12. mbely1000

mbely1000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A very good idea. I might throw in the Philly-NY over for a 3 team parlay.

13. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just put all your money on Indy-21/2 and enjoy the weekend.

14. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it looked like a 50-point blowout was underway after 15 minutes. by halftime i didn't have to wonder if the over was going to pay, but it was amazing to me that -2.5 wasn't a sure thing late in the fourth quarter.

15. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1
    sims and the "cbs ref" called the johnson fumble an incomplete pass....after 3-4 steps...really...how can you turn over the fumble call with the TV evidence? good call by ref on the field.
    but after that game i look like a winner this week :)

16. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    other than your tampa pic, i liked your choices, and thanks to that 1/2-point for the packers, you have to settle for 4-2. i was so busy this w/e i didn't have time to pick anything beyond the thursday night game.

i'm not a big believer in SF at this point, but if the o/u is at 43.5, i'll take it on the monday night game.

17. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    had a very nice weekend :)
    however, in my season preview i had the cowboys on 4 wins total...i have to eat crow for that.

18. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do this, but I was curious. You guys are sure a lot smarter than the talking heads. Several of them picked the Browns-Steelers game. You all knew to stay away from it.

19. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i never declared i was betting the over, but that was my intent when i wrote that previously.

SF was slow to get it going, but they did what they were supposed to do. And even if the over was at 44, I am 2-0 this week on the overs. Makes me even on wagers this year, minus all the juice.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  20. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you guys do this week?
    I had a 3 game parlay and SD didn't cover :( only game I lost.

Ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.