1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1st. Big 10 victory for RU.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talk about rooting for a team that will break your heart. Loss to PSU was a typical game they should have won. Maybe more of the top HS talent will decide to stay home now.
    I know Michigan was having a tough year,but they looked like they came to play last night. I'm sure none of the big football factorys want to lose to Rutgers..
    I'm so happy I told Mrs. JG we're going to AC this aft.

2. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good FG block at the end. Bad call by the ref set the long try up.

3. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Such a great game to watch! My family has had season tickets to Rutgers for about 45 years. I went to every home game from the time I was 5 until I moved to Colorado, and still try to make it with them to at least one game a year. I flew back last weekend for the Tulane game.

I went to the CU v OSU game in Boulder yesterday, then stayed in Boulder til late. Even though I knew the outcome, I watched the entire Rutgers game when I got home near midnight (i recorded it)... not finishing until almost 3:00 AM.

RU!!!!!!!!

I just saw another comment about the Ohio St v Rutgers game on the 18th. I too will be in Vegas.

[​IMG]

4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll give you some Rutgers trivia.....guess how many wins against WVU they have........

6. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You own us, no doubt. 20 years since a win. maybe a handful of wins over history.

7. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday was a hellaof day for upsets!! Guess what though--- Katy Perry, of all people, picked some like Alabama and Oklahoma to lose.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WVU has always been a thorn in the side of RU.

Glad to see Michigan lose. Hope they fire their coach. No way their QB should have stayed in the game last week after that hit to the head. Hope the kid is alright.

Did anyone listen to the RU game on the radio, 610 on the AM? Two of the announcers got into a tiff during the game. One guy was a big homer and kept on and on about a bad call against Rutgers. The other announcer told him to cool it. I thought it was funny. Eric LeGrand had to calm the situation down.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the risk of being a prick, Michigan really sucks these days, but congrats to Rutgers. Penn State just barely escaped with a win there.

10. cmccleary1123

cmccleary1123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow....did Rutgers fans really charge the field after beating one of the ten worst teams in the country? I'm not liking the direction the Big Ten has taken.

11. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .I know, until recently a lot of people thought Rutgers was an Ivy League School and it is rated high on the academic ladder. No, we never beat WVU but we have the #1rated HS team in the US,Don Bosco Prep( bring on the best HS team in WV) and the #1 rated running back and lineman in America by a lot of the recruiting rating sites. (juniors Rashan Gary ,Kareem Walker). Not bad for a small state.
    Will they go to RU?? I hope so .

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Who on earth thought Rutgers was in the Ivy League? Most of the people I grew up with in NJ went there and I never heard anyone think that. Its basically the safety school for kids in NJ applying to the Ivies.

13. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed it is true! Most people think of the Ivy League as some sort of "educational" classification for the best schools in the nation and is very old. Actually, it is an athletic league started in the 50s. Although Rutgers never joined, but they considered it and Rutgers played most of the Ivy League schools annually when I grew up. The original Ivy League included 7 of the 9 "pre-revolutionary" schools. Rutgers was one of the other 2...

That is why some people thought Rutgers was an Ivy League school... but that history, and therefore the "thought", has faded with current generations.

14. Kickin

Kickin Flea

That part I knew and everyone at Rutgers likes to mention it was originally asked to be part of the Ivy League. While it was originally an athletic league that's not what it represents anymore. I grew up in NJ and Rutgers was by far the most common college choice for everyone and no one confused it for an Ivy. At least for NJ students it was easy to get into, I don't know if that's changed. But I could have gone there for free and I never even applied, no exaggeration. Nonetheless, it is one of the better public schools in the country for sure and I took a couple classes at the New Brunswick campus before my freshman year and loved it.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

My bad, I just realized you both were saying people thought that in the past, not now. Sorry, I should learn to read.

16. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also I was referring to people from other parts of the US who thought RU was part of the Ivy LG,not NJ and nearby states. I still remember back around 1980 or so when Rutgers was in no way a big time football program played a game in Tenn against the Vols who were top 10 at the time. The local media had a bunch of cynical articles saying "whats a rutgers? .They went on and on about that and the articles were on the Ru locker room board. They didnt belong on the same field with Tenn but they were a bunch of angry tough NJ/NY kids who beat the Vols that day.

17. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JD :) true... I have tons of friends from Jersey that I still talk to since graduating from WVU over 11 years ago... great folks... I miss the Rutgers/WVU game... living in DC area I would make the trek

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In other news, as predicted, Ohio State walloped the Twerps, I mean Terps.

19. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RU has the Buckeyes a week from tomorrow,followed by Wisc. Mich State and the Huskers. One win out of those four would be great.

20. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course ,after I bragg -up NJ HS Football this sexual harassment scandal breaks on the national news. Sayreville NJ,a few miles down the Raritan River from Rutgers and the home town of Jon BonJovi.
    Rumor has it ,and I say Rumor ,is that maybe one of the kids involved is a 4 star Penn State recruit. Sad when you see parents who seem to be more upset about the season being cancelled than why it was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.