1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Florida...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by kenobabe, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobabe

kenobabe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave: Hi all...going to Vegas 10/13 for 5 days my myself...my first time there...can't wait. I'm 65 and would like to know where to find the active older crowd. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Wow - going for the 1st time solo? You must be a brave or very experienced traveler! Good for you! Where are you staying? We are baby-boomers also and have fav places we frequent. Knowing the area you will call you home base may help with some good suggestions from some of our seasoned LV vets. We tend to enjoy a show or two ( Jersey Boys is a big fav along with LOVE for our age group) - we also enjoy some of the lounges....more laid back and have music we recognize...lol. Napoleons at Paris / Lounge at Bally's, etc. A big plus is that LV has many solo visitors so eating alone is not an issue. Many restaurants have bar areas serving good food plus there are some really good food courts. We are not big foodies so can't suggest a top scale restaurant that might be good for you.

Looking forward to reading suggestions from other members too. Good luck & hope you have a really great time!!

3. kenobabe

kenobabe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi...I'm staying at the Stratosphere ...wanted to be away fro the main Strip. I plan to use the bus and monorail. Still not sure if I want to rent a car or not. Will see when I get there...

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!

If you learn to use the bus, it will take you to plenty of places. You could always rent a car just a day or two if you want to check out Hoover Dam or Red Rock Canyon.

Are you going solo or with others?

5. kenobabe

kenobabe Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im going solo.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, not familiar with The STRAT area at all. Good luck!

7. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board.
    I would suggest that you spend some time reading a few trip reports which may provide some insight on places of interest to you.
    Enjoy your trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.