1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first ever weekend trip to Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jameezy, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So me and a friend have been to Vegas plenty of times. We always stay Thursday-monday on pretty much all of our trips.

Unfortunately he has a new job and he won't be able to do it like that this time. Me being a good friend, decided i would also just be in Vegas for same amount of time. We will be in Vegas friday october 31st - sunday night November 2nd.

Reason i made this thread is because it really just hit me how different this trip will be. I'm so used to being in Vegas 4 days+ and having all the time in the world to do what i want to do and see what i want to see. With this trip i'm really gonna have to find a way to balance the timing of everything.

We both get to vegas friday morning. We know for sure we want to be at a club that night since it's halloween and everything. Everything should be fine that day since that leaves us plenty of time to eat and maybe see some things that day. Hell maybe i'll get a costume and walk the strip lol.

Problem is with saturday for me. Huge question mark on saturday. Tons of things we both wanna do. I do like the fact that i don't have to worry so much about balancing my money on a weekend trip. I can kinda gamble all i want and not worry about going days and days broke.

Our flight leaves sunday night but our hotel checkout is at noon. No idea what we can possibly get done if were rolling luggage around.

Basically just need some pointers on how to mnage time on a weekend trip. I'm considered the Vegas guru of our group so it will be expected that i have all the answers and balance time. Iwanna get everything i possibly can out of this trip. Fortunately for me, i'll be back in vegas for NYE. That being said, i still want to get the most bang for my buck.

All help is appreciated :)

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    after checking out, store your luggage with the bellman till you are ready to leave for the airport.

have a blast.

3. TDB Aces

TDB Aces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have been to Las Vegas quite a few times and that should be a big help in how you spend your time on a shorter trip. I would just write down a list of what you normally do on a 5 day trip. Then decide what things are most important to you because you need to cut the list almost in half for a 3 day trip.

I would highly suggest you keep your room all day on Sunday. If you are getting a comped room, you may be eligible to keep the room at no additional cost. If you are paying for the room, go to check out counter and ask if you can keep the room. You may be allowed a late check out or they may give you a huge discount for the additional day.

I like having a room until leaving for the airport.

4. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you!! Great advice will call the hotel today

5. lobsterkmd

lobsterkmd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done several short trips. What I do is try and just do only one or two things set in stone before I leave. For this upcoming trip I am only staying 3 nights (Saturday night check in at 10pm and Tuesday morning checkout at 11am) so I am really working with just two full days. We have a show booked and tentative plans to do a poker tournament one morning. Then I just figure go with the flow. I would like to spend sometime downtown. I just try to limit myself and leave plenty of open time!

6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been in your shoes. Since you've been so many times, you are not going to miss sightseeing. Stay in the area of your hotel. It is kind of nice to have a high-intensity visit rather than a stretched-out vacation. Don't try to do it all, you know what you like: do that. Hit the restaurants you know, skip the shows. Embrace what you get to do rather than lament the things you don't.

And (especially if you can get comped for Sunday/$25 resort fee) get the room for the night.

7. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice from both of you. I might as well just come up with a couple major activities to plan instead of trying to do too much. Especially with the new news that my friend will be getting to Vegas at 9 that night. That friday is gonna be tough for him.

8. onebud1

onebud1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This, too, will be one of my shorter trips...Fri - Mon. Plan is meet friend downtown Friday nite. My son flies in Saturday morning and plays a gig at Toros in Summerlin Saturday at 2. Saturday nite is open. Poker Sunday morning, then.......

Drive home Monday morning and plan for February trip with wife.

9. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see we get there the same day haha. Yeah me and my friend basically had to talk on the phone ans completely put a plan together. Can't freelance on the short trips. I tens to freestyle my trips because I know I'm always there 4 days plus. Not the case this time. We have a schedule to follow

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.