1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Criss Angel Believe Show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by PaulBowdry, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everybody. Going to Vegas in October. Taking my mother along with me for the first time she has really gone anywhere is 20 years. She absolutely has to see Criss Angel Believe that is all she talks about. So my question is does anybody know where to get the best deal on the tickets to the show would be? I have seen some options on myvegas. There is three of us my wife, mother, and I. Thank you everybody.

2. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if they ever have his tickets at Half Price Tickets or not, but you could always check. I went to see him at the beginning of August and the show sold out, but it probably helped that Celine's show got cancelled. I had tickets pretty close to the stage and a couple walked in about 5 minutes before the show started and said they were only there because Celine cancelled.

Btw, I didn't think the show was anywhere near as bad as other people claim it is. I wasn't like completely blown away, but I also saw David Copperfield this summer and some of the tricks are similar. Since you're worried about giving your mom a good trip and she wants to see him, then you probably didn't care too much about my opinion, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Enjoy the show, the trip, and more importantly, the time with your mom.

3. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey thanks for the info. Thanks for your opinion too. Even if the show was bad my mom would like it lol. She used to watch his show on spiketv when it was on.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Criss Angel sold out?

mdlee's review above is the most positive review I have seen about this show. I haven't seen it personally, but everything I read about it typically slams it. I'm surprised it would ever sell out. But if your mother loved his show, I'm not sure you can get out of it...:evillaugh

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    myVegas would be your best bet if everyone is playing....but if not, you may want to check out
    http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/believe/tickets/las-vegas/offers.aspx
    I took a quick look at Tix4Tonight and they didn't have CA tickets listed
    I can't imagine people flocking to see Cris Angel due to Celine's show being canceled....but, people do crazy stuff
    I'm going to go and see just how bad (or decent) it is in December. I've seen a few reviews where people thought it was really good and i've seen those that said it was less painful to just get up and walk out...lol
    Have fun and hope you enjoy the show...or at least find it tolerable :)

6. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey thanks for the information and the link.

7. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine his show being sold out. 90% of what you hear about it is negative. I've had several cabbies and shuttle drivers point to his billboards "NEVER go see that, even for free"

8. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish my mom was still around, so I could take her to any show that she wanted too see. Enjoy the time with her while you can.

9. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The day I went to the Criss Angel show was the first day that Celine cancelled her show and my understanding was that she cancelled about an hour and a half before showtime. That's what the couple next to me implied at least. Since so many people think the show is absolutely horrible, then it shouldn't be too hard for people to assume that his show would be the easiest to get last minute tickets to.

I don't put a lot of stock in reviews and it doesn't matter if I see the same horrible reviews over and over again. I have my own opinions and I can make up my own mind without others telling me how bad something is. If I went to Vegas just once ever, then no I probably wouldn't have taken the risk and seen his show. Since I go to Vegas quite a bit, I figured I might as well see for myself how it is. Like I said, I wasn't blown away, but it wasn't horrible either. It's not a show I'd try to convince my friends to sit through, but if one of them said they wanted to go see it, I'd do it again. If, like the OP, I had somebody special going with me that wanted to see it, then I'd definitely go see it.

10. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ---

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. meme57

meme57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mother,father sister, brother ( all inlaws) and their children went to it knowing nothing about the reviews and really enjoyed the show.

12. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that when I hear great reviews, my expectations go way up, and I find myself disappointed. Since I hear so many bad reviews, maybe if I see it, it will be better than I expect it.

13. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to watch him on tv and also the reason why I went to see him. I think I had such high expectations that when I did see the show.. It wasn't all that great for me. I wouldn't categorize his show under magic show but under cirque du soleil. If you go without any expectation I'm sure you'll enjoy it.. But if you're looking to see a magic show.. Try David copperfield or Penn & Teller :)

14. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is so true. You expect the act to be what you're used to for that person, so when you see that it is quite different, you're disappointed because it's not what you were looking forward to.

15. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Expect nothing .. And knowing that you went to see the show for entertainment should leave you satisfied

16. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well thanks for the good information everybody. Here is an update on my initial question. There is three of us in our group. My wife used the myvegas reward for the standard companion ticket (buy one get one free) for 4000 loyalty points. She called up asked the phone operator they answered right away. I know I have read about long waits. She gave the code said what it was for. She said hey we need an extra ticket because there is three in the group. She said for Oct 9. He said lets see what I can do please hold. Comes back says ok I can do the two tickets with the reward but the third is going to cost $108. My wife says how come they are on special for $55 right now I am not paying $108. (Thanks for the link for $55 tickets. )Puts her on hold again. Comes back on says ok I can do the third ticket for $55 plus $10 fee. She says great thats reasonable. So long story short got three tickets to Oct 9th show for $120.15 or whatever the change was. That was with fees and everything. Thanks everybody for the input and info on the show my mom was happy when I told her as she likes getting good deals.

17. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I forgot to add they were in section 203 row HH so not up close but right dead center they are.

18. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm in the minority here.
    after we got bored by penn & teller (2nd row LL tickets) and we read the bad reviews about the believe show, our expectations were low. but we really enjoyed the believe show (LL aisle seats).
    if you like magic, buy 1st or 2nd level tickets for illusions in the riviera (groupon) . the theater is bad, but even so it's low budget, the show is pretty good.

19. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar to what I've experienced. I had a staff at the box office call for me.. I redeemed a 2 premium Zarkana ticket (260k LP) and a companion premium ticket (1.5k LP).. Staff gets off phone and says I am eligible for all 4 free premium tickets. I didn't have to pay a single dime. I chose my dates and the staff asked if I wanted to see the 7pm or 930 show.. I said whichever gave me the best seatings for the the premium. My seats were 3-4 rows from the front. Nice comfortable love seats section seats 103-7 I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.