1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet All Day Pass

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by achalm, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achalm

achalm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffet All Day Pass Question, How is the best way to get two dinners on one of these passes please and which are the best all day passes people have done. Many Thanks

2. azpokerkid

azpokerkid Tourist

At caesars properties it starts the second you buy it and good 24 hours from purchase. Buy it before dinner and you can get 4 meals if you time it right. I have many friends that do this and live it. For me 1 buffet a trip is more than enough. For caesars buffet or rio seafood buffet they do have a large surcharge.

3. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it a couple years ago when we were there and got four meals in...but it was WAAAYYYY too much food. It's neat to say you did it, but made for a miserable next day (frankly).

4. MTROH

MTROH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you could do the luxor excalibur combo all day on myvegas points, it was possible if you did not eat the wrong foods.

5. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a late dinner and buy the pass, maybe 7-8pm? The next day you can have an early dinner around 6-6:30.. Most people try to gorge themselves to get their money's worth. I just pick and choose the best things and try hard not to overeat. I go for the "high-end" items and a few sides. Think crab legs, beef tenderloin, shrimp, etc. Don't eat too much starch like rice and pasta. Veggies and salads are good. If you pay let's say $52 as an example divide that by 4 at $13 a meal plus a small tip. You couldn't really do any better than that at a regular restaurant unless you eat fast food, especially in Vegas.
    Read more here
    http://www.totalrewards.com/microsites/las-vegas/buffet-of-buffets/faqs.html

6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we did it about 4 years ago (right when it came out), and it was soooo much food! but we did it where we got 4 meals in. we did flamingo buffet on the first night as our first buffet, sitting down to eat around 8:30pm (they closed at 10). next buffet was breakfast at Paris (our favorite), but we were so full that we didn't go to harrah's for our 3rd buffet until 4pm. that actually worked out well because it was empty. our last buffet was dinner at spice market. we had to be done at the buffet by 8:15 though because we had a show to go to at 9:30. otherwise, we would have waited until 8:20 to even enter the buffet. so we ate dinner around 7:30pm. and that is how we fit 4 buffets into the 24 hour pass. :thumbsup:

7. PPtraderal

PPtraderal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There last week. CET is 99.00 for two 24 hour passes. On weekends the same pass is 130.00 for two. We did a late dinner early breakfast and dinner. Tried to get 3 meals each out of pass.

8. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you're in Vegas you're pretty much on a time crunch. Between getting ready.. And gambling and partying and dojng everything On my itinerary .. I don't think I'd even have enough for a 2nd round of buffet let alone want enjoy another round of buffet.

And idealistically.. You'd prob be able to squeeze in a round if dinner and breakfast the next morning.. Or a brunch and dinner type thing. If that's the case.. It's cheaper to just purchase the buffet by itself and you wouldn't have to feel committed to eat within a certain timeframe to get your bucks worth. Or you could spread those two buffets to two dinner buffets.. A dinner buffet the first night and a dinner buffet before you head home.

In my opinion .. multiple buffets within 24hrs is just way too much.. I'll most certainly feel groggy all day from food coma and prob spend more time with the porcelain god than anywhere else haha.

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the 24 pass at least twice per trip

Late dinner then breakfast, lunch, dinner I never pay the upgrade to bachanal/seafood

Harrahs, Ph, Paris, Flamingo, Rio are good enough for me

10. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rio buffet locals get 50% off.. My best friend lives right next to south point so whenever I'm in Vegas he'd come out and spend the weekend with us (even though he lives like 12 mins from the strip). while gambling at the table or at the poker table there's always a local who's kind enough to walk your group in saving you hundo or two. And you can always tip your new buddy.

11. achalm

achalm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the answers, time won't be a issue we are in Vegas around 22 days total

12. Smallz23

Smallz23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cow. I don't think I can afford to be in Vegas for that long. I easily throw down 10gs a weekend. So 22 days is out of the question. X_x

13. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have mentioned, start off your pass with a later dinner than you'd usually get and then get there earlier the following night for a second dinner on the pass.

On my last trip, my wife was late getting back on the second night....I got in line before my pass expired and waited past the cash register for my wife to get there.. about 20 minutes after the passes expired she finally shows up...so I got out my credit card to pay for her dinner but the nice lady at the register let her in under her expired pass (I have read many times here that it's SOP with CET to tell you too bad too sad if you're a second late trying to use the pass after it has expired)...I won't say which buffet it was since I don't want to get the cashier in trouble...the passes were well worth it since we got 4 dinners out of the passes, 2 lunches, and 1 breakfast...just the dinners alone were more than the cost for the passes...I was not in the Strip area the second day so only my wife used the pass for breakfast. But I did stop for lunch on my way from Aliante to Boulder Station.

14. cmccleary1123

cmccleary1123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More than one Buffet trip during my stay, would be too much.

15. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it once per trip and have for several years. It is "too much food" only if your choose to gorge yourself. The good thing about the 24 hr pass is that you do not have to do that.
    We start out with dinner around 8pm...usually after traveling all day (PH or Rio) & this is usually our biggest meal. We eat mostly salad & seafood so the meal itself is not too heavy. The next morning around 10am, we will have a light breakfast (hubby prefers going to Flamingo to set by the gardens & enjoy the nature). Around 2 or so, we will go for a snack....a salad, shrimp, etc. Dinner the 2nd nite is whichever place we didn't go the previous nite....either PH or Rio. We basically eat for 2 days for under $100 in comps for 2 people.....Almost any restaurant you go to you will spend much more than that for 2 days / 2 people. I have even forced myself to take a break from loosing and drop in one of the buffets to sit and have a big fountain coke and maybe a small snack but tip as if having a meal. I like that I can go in at any time during those 24 hrs alone or with my group.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.