1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL Week Five Discussion

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by LV_Bound, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pittsburgh only giving 7 to Jags?

After getting beat by the bucs, Pittsburgh plays the Jags who have lost by 14 points or more each game.

I locked in at 7 as I am surprised it isn't at least 10.

Did I miss some news on why the spread is only 7?

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think people are leery after Pittsburgh's loss at home to an 0-3 team. Yes the Jags are awful, but they're playing at home against a really shaky Pittsburgh team. Still, at 7 points, I don't think you made a bad bet.

3. Lewis Roberts

Lewis Roberts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got my can kicked this week, good thing was not in vegas . minnisota win? 49s over philly as i type this new eng 7 KC 27? a monkey could have picked better than me this week

4. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Giving 7 at home in the nfl is a huge line I would not touch that game look at lines over the last 5 years you rarely see a home dog getting more then 4.5-5. It is not rare for nfl teams as a 7 point favorite to not cover but to even lose outright.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Chiefs put week four in the books, so let's move on to week five discussions ....

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have two of them this week alone. Washington +7

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm ready to live through you guys, I can't pick for crap this year!!!!

Raiders fire their head-coach... over the phone! I'm not even gonna bother learning the new guy's name... am sure he won't be there next season! What a train-wreck!!!! Even if they could pull off bringing Gruden back, which I highly doubt, he can't through the ball, he can't block, he can't play defense. There's so many holes in this team... where do you even start???

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  8. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    early plays for me are PIT -6.5 and DAL -4. an elite QB in Tony Romo, at home. i can't pick against the Superbowl contenders, but Houston ain't gonna be as easy as the Big Easy.

9. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a tough week for me. The spreads look pretty solid. I would probably put money on Seattle to beat the spread(the Redskins look just awful) and maybe do a money line or two on a couple long shots. Tampa Bay coming off a win against the Steelers might have a chance against the Saints who looked just awful against Dallas. +525 looks pretty generous.

10. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't believe I just heard Greeny say this, "...because we are in a professional overreact business..."! The biggest professional, opinionated, for the ego and ratings, overreactor there is. The abalony he spreads only makes it easier to pick games.

11. ahalifko

ahalifko Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lines are super bait-like this week so far.

The only thing I can see worth a bet at the moment is ARZ +7.5 @ DEN. Also SD (-6.5) hosting the NYJs looks good and should go nowhere but up from here. I could see that like closing at SD -7.5 by kickoff.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting year.

12. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

I like the Arizona line as well. Denver hasnt been as dominate as they were last year and Arizona has beaten both SD and SF which is insanely good considering how both are early contenders, with a backup QB at that. SD should light up the Jets but typical Philip Rivers fashion he's due for a let down and win by maybe 3 or 4pts or even lose to an inferior team... I'll stay away from SD until that happens and then hit SD up again. They've been money so far this year for lines though.

My early picks of the week are Bucs +10.5 at Saints who has been really shaky. Analysts and Vegas keeps making us think Saints will come back eventually and pound on their opponent but it's going the opposite way. Hell, I might even put ML on this to see if another upset for the mighty Who Dat is looming. (This was one week ago where I believed the Steelers were going to go way above the 7.5 against "garbage" TB) Mike Glennon looked rather impressive as well. Chiefs +6.5 (7.5 was opening but people quickly jumped on that nut) Being a 49ers homer I don't want to take this given but I do not feel like 49ers are a -6.5 favorite even at home vs a rather speedy fiesty Chiefs team. And despite Alex Smith and Co. being way underated this season, they've been competing since week 1 with an upset from the Titans. I like this mostly due to the whole Alex Smith back for revenge against the team that kicked him out from injury despite him being like 6-1 from that season.. What better way then to shove it against the team at their new stadium to make them fall below .500? Plus he's good on big stages as shown on yesterday. Another one I like is Bengals -1.5 I feel like this might jump more for Bengals when it comes closer to the weekend. Feels like a trap bet, after all how bad can Patriots be? And how good can this Bengals' Dalton team actually be?

Level of confidence:

Bengals -1.5 @ Pats
    KC +6.5 @ SF
    Tampa +10.5 @ Saints (This is a LONG shot given how it's at Saints, I'll probably stay away from this unless the line changes to like +14 or more..)

On the edge:

Eagles -7 vs Rams
    Hawks -7.5 vs Redskins
    Falcons/Giants OVER 50
    Broncos/Cardinals UNDER 49.5
    Bengals/Patriots UNDER 46
    Chiefs/49ers OVER 49.5

Two cent on any of my picks?

13. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on Cincinnati and KC. I wouldn't bet against new Orleans at home.

14. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    50% last week again :(
    early tendencies for this week:
    Colts -3,5 vs Ravens
    Bears +3 @ Panthers
    ...that's it for this week.
    probably only bet the Colts.

next 5 weeks can be ugly for panthers. if they lose vs the bears, i see them in trouble. they play @bengals, @packers, seahawks, saints, @eagles, falcons, bye, @vikings, @saints, then 2 easier games vs bucs and browns, @ falcons. panthers allowed 5.7 yrds per run this season, after 4.0 in 2013. looks like williams is out.

this week is very interesting.
    -------
    edit
    5.7 yards is 32nd in the league.

15. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Relook at the KC/SF game. Don't let the Monday game (KC/NE) fool you. KC played a bad team at home. Now they are on the road.
    The bet is SF-6

16. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely take Pitt over Jax if line is 7.

Live in Jax and Shorts is out again at WR (1 TD). WR corps is Robinson (rookie, 0TD), Lee (rookie out last 2 games due to hamstring injury, 0td), Hurns ( undrafted rookie 3TD, leads team in yds), Sanders (back from 4 game suspension 2nd year, 0 TD). Denard Robinson is the #1 RB (6/24yds/0 TD) after they demoted Gerhart (44/144/1TD).

Starting TE Lewis is out for 6 weeks and had 1 TD. Only other passing TD went to Nic Jacobs. Season stats on this TE:1 rec 1 TD 2 yds total)

This is the same thing we saw last year. Over the next 6 weeks hopefully they can beat Cleveland or TN. I don't see them beating Miami, Dallas or Pitt during this stretch before they go on the break after the game vs. Dallas in London.

Won't even go into the defense and how weak that is across the board. This 2 deep zone they are playing kills them.

I don't see the Jets winning even with the points. Going across country, 3 game losing streak, players only meeting for the offense Monday and QB controversy seriously showing its head. 9 TD vs 0 int for QB's vs the Jets so far with 63% completion rate. Rivers is starting this week correct? Denver and NE the next 2 weeks after this. Could be a long season.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VERRRRRRY leary of the Jints Falcons game. Some of the last few games between haven't been close.. Atlanta seems to do well when playing in Jersey( for the most part). Leaning strongly to the OVER 49.5. If I HAD to pick Giants 3 to 3.5 fav... and this is only the SLIGHEST of plays would say the Giants because they had more time off and are home..Dirty Birds are on the 2nd game in a row on the road...Now THAT said Giants are bad off a break....plus hearing that Beason LB may not go.. Beckham ?????? and it LOOKS like the Jints SHOULD WIN ( and any of you JINT fans KNOW how they handle THAT)... and after this week they go into " the deep end of the pool" schedule wise so they COULD be looking forward to next weeks friendly evening soiree' in Philly ( and at Dallas after that)... and the 4 after break should be a a joy too (Colts, at the 12th man's house,49ers and Pokes at home-- before the lastpart of the schedule takes a break)...So don't wanna say a MUST win for the Jints but with the upcoming teams ........shouldn't let this one get away.

18. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a FYI here in New England it's getting ugly, TB is rated the worst QB in Division( and there are some bad ones) let alone the NFL. :vomit:, OL is in shambles, Tom refuses to thow to Amendolla. D looked old and slow vs KC, they are calling it the end of the Pats as we know it in the Tom B era. ,Coach B has lost it., O co-ord, Mcdaniels needs to go and bring back Charlie Weiss etc. We have always seen the Pats re-group every time they were counted out and we EXPECT them to come out in full force Sunday :banana: . I am not sure even that going to be enough. If they dont win there going to be lucky to win 8 games.:cry:

19. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mike mc......With the division not exactly world beaters ( and if ya wanna believe Ryan------aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha--- and believe the Jets who think they should be 4-0 and think they are better than everyone else.. that's a laughable thought.. They can NEVER get it done in a big spot)..... You have the best QB and coach in the division. So maybe they don't go 13-3.... they go 10-6 or 9-7 and get the division ( CANNOT SEE the Bills or fish being a REAL THREAT and the jetsies are going into the "deep end of the pool" the next few weeks)....barring something HIGHLY unusual like a couple of MAJOR injuries... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is GET IN THE PLAYOFFS and then roll the dice.......My Jints are PRIME EXAMPLES of that the last few years and the Ravens more recently...

20. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thinking also but i also think the pats are the play this week but havent finalized my card yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.