1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez comps- 2 quick questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by melbedewy, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Does the comp system operate on the usual "charge everything to the room and beg for the freebies at checkout with the host" system?
    2. Can one charge room service to the room and, assuming your play qualifies you, get it comped upon checkout?
    :peace:

2. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose some of that depends on whether you are a table games or machine player. I play video poker, so I have a cash back account (which can actually be used for meals as well), and a comp account. I have to believe that if you charged everything to your room rather than using the comp account, then ask your host, he'll probably exhaust your comp account first, then make a decision on what is left over.

I always have an upfront marketing offer for rooms and some food, so the most I've ever had to ask was additional night on the room, which I got with no sweat.

A good thing about the ElCo is that, at least for machine players, you always know exactly how much is in your comp account. When you put your card into a machine, or swipe it at the kiosk, it shows both your point (cashback) and comp balances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.