1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Level 107

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by tatterdema, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somewhere I heard about the happy hour at Level 107 at the Stratosphere . I tried it last weekend, and was pretty impressed with the value. Skip the lines, and go straight to the VIP elevator. Tell them you are going to Level 107. No charge, no wait. Drinks were 2/1 and appetizers 1/2 price. We each had 2 drinks and an appetizer each. While not large servings, it was enough for dinner for us, and very tasty, with good service. With 20% tip, it came to $50. Elevator ride to the observation tower is $20 a person alone. Once up there, you are free to roam and go on up to the observation deck. I plan to make this a scheduled stop every trip now.

Hours are 4-7pm and 10:30pm to 1am.

2. Aurelien

Aurelien Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow I never new one can do this! On each trip we go to the Strato but I mostly use keys that I kept to go to the top without paying and I did not new for the happy hour etheir!
    I will definitely do that next week, thanks.

3. dscvegas

dscvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great tip. I've always wanted to check out that view. Im trying this next time I go.

4. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this recommendation. The view is wonderful. With the 2/1 drinks, you do have to order two at a time (at least this was the case three years ago when I went). So they brought my brother and I a tray with four martinis on it. Maybe this is how 2/1 offers always work (clearly, I don't get out much).

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the same drink, so we each got one at a time. From the way the waitress explained it, seems if you have different drinks, you do have to get 2 at a time. Drinks are about $15 each ($7.50 @ 2/1), so no bargain there, but when you add in the bonus of the trip to the top, that makes up for it. Same with the food. 1/2 price brings it down to about where it should be priced, or a little below.

6. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to be mostly a Vegas thing. One bartender told me it's due to people trying to scam who say they never go their second drink. When this is the case, my wife and I will order the same drink so the second drink doesn't get warm. After a few nights taking advantage of the 2 for 1 drinks at Burger Brasserie, they said we could get our drinks one a time. Guess we passed some sort of trust thing and made it into the inner circle.

7. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This board can read my mind. The Stratosphere's Twitter account just tweeting something about the 107, so I looked online and thought that was pretty cool. I want to check it out, but my BIL is afraid of heights. My sister actually got him to the restaurant near the top of the Sears (I know, I know) Tower, so if it's not a ride or open, he seems to be cool, so hopefully we can go.

Is there a cover? And are there usually lines (due to club capacity)? (I looked, but The STRAT 's site doesn't really say anything about a cover).

>I'm actually now following, I believe, every possible Twitter account for strip (and slightly off-strip) properties. Yes, I'm weird.

8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went up for happy hour and stayed until after dark - there was no cover or charge to go up. I don't know if there is a cover when the band starts. I do not like heights and I had no problem going up on the elevator or staying in lounge looking over the strip. You do have to go through a metal detector -- My husband had a pocket knife - he had to leave it behind and got it back when we left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.