1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My wife just gave our TR points away.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by shokhead, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So because of the Visa we have enough points for the 2 of us to eat at all the best CET restaurants and enough left over for whatever.
    So a few others are going to meet us there and out of the blue my wife says isn't this great, we can pay for all your food and it won't cost us anything. I look at her with the what in the hell did you do look. She says in front of them what's you problem? What did I do? Of course I can't say anything but I did say well she doesn't know how many points we have but we can sure get our breakfasts. She looks at me and says why am I being so cheap? This is in front of everyone. I just smile. After they leave I ask her what she was doing. She said why can't we use the points for them? I said because there is just enough for us but not now. Of course she gets pissed and walks out of the room and I already know how this ends, all my fault.

2. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you guys normally pick up checks for your friends? Explain to her its the same thing. I do agree with your last line though. It's always our fault haha

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys always can remind the little woman that California is a no-fault state. :wink2:

4. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, everybody pays their own unless it's our kids.

5. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you handled this well. You were put on the spot in a no win situation. Hopefullly it will pass and everything will work itself out soon. Good luck.

6. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is only one way to fix this.

Wake up extremely early the day of departure and say how excited you are you couldnt even sleep.... when she is in the bathroom getting ready start leaving for the airport and be so excited you "forgot" to wait for her. >:)

7. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL :kill:

8. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :evillaugh Funny, but probably not the best fix.

I think sometimes people don't think in terms of money when they see their points, and equate the amount of money you've spent to accrue them. Tough spot for you though. Good luck.

9. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-disregard-females-bu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy fix. When the check comes around, tell the waiter "Miss Money Bags" is picking it up and have your wife put any out of pocket meals on her credit card.

"Sure honey, why don't we pick up their hotel rooms while we're at it? After all, it only took us a year to build up all these free points".

11. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll give you an example od how my wife is built. She will buy a xmas tree that is way to big to fit in her suv but by god she'll make it fit. She tear the headliner, get sap all over the seats and scratch the hell out of everything but she got the tree in. That's my wife.

12. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your two examples sound very much like my wife. I feel your pain, brother.

13. pokerbum

pokerbum Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is funny only because it's true!

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm like your wife. I admit it. But, Vegas stuff is sacred. You need to have a chat about boundaries with her and have some bargaining chips if needed. There's gotta be limits, you know?

15. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have hope sir!

Your wife is mad at you for something that can be fixed by additional gambling.

Fix the problem with additional gambling. Your line is "We needed the points to pay for our friends meals!"

16. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, I do not like when spouses treat each other like shit in front of people. If my wife ever talked to me like that, I would tell her we will talk about it later and hopefully she would get the message to stop pressing me for details.
    Just tell her that her "generosity" with your points just ate into her shopping budget. Maybe that'll get the point across :evillaugh

17. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks. You just have to cough up the extra money and apologize even though you aren't at fault.

Number 1 rule in vegas is leave the girlfriend or wife at home.

18. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F-ing A right, it's become my new policy

19. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a wife, your policy stinks :) I love Vegas. Seriously though, I would never do that to my husband. Just tell her you were planning to get her something really special with those points but now you can't. I do like Dutchvelvet's idea though.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shok's examples makes me appreciate being single. Lola, unfortunately some women don't know what boundaries are and will do what Shok's wife did to him anyway just to look good to other people. IMHO, if my SO did that I would probably sign up for my own rewards card and let her use her card and points to pay for everything. I would use my points on MY own things. (guess that's why I'm still single).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.