1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How many days is YOUR Vegas trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by newmans, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see lots of people posting that they will be in Vegas for 7 nights or more. I love Vegas, but I can't imagine that long a trip.
    I'm in Vegas every 6 to 8 weeks and I usually stay 4 or 5 nights. I have a 5 hour flight, so I won't do it for 2 or 3 nights.
    Maybe if it was a 2 or 3 hour drive, I could go for just a weekend. Sometimes 5 nights is too long if things are going well.
    I don't really pace myself and gamble 6-9 hours/day. I will play more if it is a solo trip....no friends or family to accommodate.
    For those of you staying 7+days, are you spending the bulk of your day by the pool, shopping etc?

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's a 45 min flight for me so 2 days is enough, but 24hr blitzkrieg is not enough and hurts

3. Aaron5

Aaron5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go at least once a month for 2 to 3 nights per trip. It is only a 3 ½ hour drive for me.

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me: 5 days/5 nights. Anything less is just a tease.

5. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually around 4 nights/5 days for us. Between pets and kids, we have a hard time getting coverage for more than 5 days.

6. Slotfever

Slotfever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a seven hour flight (45 min layover in Chicago), but I think 4 days and 3 nights is plenty. It's my first Vegas trip but I remember spending ten days in Foxwoods and it was too long.

7. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not gonna lie, when I hear about 1-2 week trips by some people I always ask them if they have made out a will or a suicide note. But then I suppose many people don't do Vegas like my crew and I. After 100+ trips to Vegas and due to the fact that I now get there 6-7 times a year I have moved away from four day trips and am more of a fan of three or even two day trips! Two day trips if you have an early flight time gives you two afternoons at the pool which is valuable to me.

The longer the trip the more likely they are to get your money. Even if you hit a Royal on vp, over four days it's easy to give that back. Short trips almost force you to go home with some type of win or a much smaller loss. I have had a couple two day trips this year and they are great. Having said that, my the flight time is just under two hours. If I lived far away or only came to Vegas once or twice a year, all bets are off and longer trips would be the norm!

Bets are also off if we are combining my Annual 35th Bday with Mackers Stag party.....oh wait.....we are doing that in May...???????

I Like to Drink and Gamble
  8. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone who really goes after it in Vegas rarely stays more than 3 nights. Clubbing, drinking all day by the pool, gambling and sleep deprevation most people can do one night of. The pros like myself can do mulitple nights.

Then you have the vacationers who can do a week or more, families, couples, etc.

There are two different groups. I can tell you this, your avaerage joe coming to Vegas wouldnt last 4 hours at my pace.

9. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, I go about twice a year- one is a shorter trip, about 3-4 days and the other is a longer one- about seven/eight days.

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From our house to Vegas hotel is 9 hours. We have to drive two hours to Atlanta, allow extra time for traffic/parking/etc, usually have dinner in the airport (great pizza), 4 hour flight, get bags and car, hit Dollar Tree, get to hotel, move in.

We've done 3 and 5 night trips but they feel rushed.

Lately we've been going for a week. We play roughly 6 hours a day on Video Poker. We usually do 60-90 minutes sessions.. Between sessions we get out and about, have lunch. We try to do our VP before supper and drinking. Late afternoon we head to the room, have a drink, freshen up for the evening, have another drink, have supper. After supper we stroll Fremont Street (watch the shows/shop), or Fremont East Distict. We often throw in a night or two at a strip hotel.

Now that our son is in college I'm hoping we can go to Vegas 2-3 tiimes a year.

11. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 days min for me....it's about 10-12 hours to get there, so I have to make the best of it....In July I went for 21 days....first 5 days working, and the rest of the time went HARD at the gambling/booze...When I got home I slept for 24 hours straight and wasn't "Right" for a week"

12. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go 8 to 14 times a year. Door to door im in the hotel room in 3 hours. It is only a 45 min flight. 70% of the time im there Fri, Sat, Sun and leave Mon.. 20% of the time im there for 4 nights and 10% 2 nights. In other words one or two nights isn't enough and 4 or 5 nights is too much. 3 nights and 4 days is plenty.

13. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3.5 hour drive, that would be amazing.

14. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 to 5 days which is perfect for me. If I stayed longer I'd either be broke or dead. Maybe both

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lately we have been preferring 6 nights. Arrive Wed. leave Tues. Usually the cheapest airfare and sets up good hotel blocks when using myVegas rooms.

16. Xavier Cage

Xavier Cage Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go hard for 2 or 3 night trips.

17. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 hour flight for me and 3 days/nights is all I can do at my pace. I'm usually pretty rough by the third night but power through it.

Just a quickie...
  18. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 3, 4, 5, and 6 night trips.

Personally, I prefer 4 or 5 nights.

3 is just a tease - I can't do that anymore.

Lately I've been going for four night trips - arrive Saturday morning, leave on Wednesday morning. And I usually go on holiday weekends where I have Monday off work so I only have to take two extra days out of my PTO.

I go to Vegas so much each year I've almost maxed out my PTO!!!

19. SW

SW Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We generally can only get away once a year. Together we have had two trips of 7 nights and one trip of 5 nights. I did manage a solo trip for 2 nights earlier this tho.

20. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, four nights is enough. I tried three nights once, but that did not seems to be right. At the end of four nights, I am more than ready to go home. I could not imagine more than four nights.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.