1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Corner Suites

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Readingfanman, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morning all,

I'm booked into a City View room for Dec 11-16, but had a thought this morning that some of the City Suite rooms may have a view of the Bellagio fountains. As I've booked through a third party, not direct with Aria, I know I can't upgrade yet. But does anyone have the room price per night to upgrade, or know how successful I'll be to upgrade for a $20 sandwich?

Cheers,

RFM

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No rooms at Aria have a view of the Bellagio fountains.

3. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to Google Maps you can check it out. Look at the regular view first to identify the buildings, then convert to Earth view so you can see the outlines of the buildings. Looks like some rooms at Vdara would have the same thread-the-needle-view in between the Bellagio Spa Tower and the West Tower of Cosmo.

jdfg.jpg

5. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers, I'm guessing (honestly not sure), that Aria is pretty much dominated by Cosmo in terms of view then?

Any idea on upgrade fee? If it's going to be $50 a night, might consider it. We're doing a Thursday - Tuesday between Thanksgiving and Xmas.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the view in that picture you linked to must have been from the south end of Aria - that view peeks in between the East and West towers of Cosmo. The West Tower blocks out the view to the fountains from just about all of Aria.

As for the upgrade, it used to be $50 a night was the standard fee to go to a Corner Suite, but Aria have upped the spread between the normal nightly rate between a regular room and a corner suite. But I'd say a Tues - Thurs in between Thanksgiving and Xmas would be as favorable a time as any to be able to get it for that price.

7. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May well be worth it then if I'm taking a Vegas Virgin. Might e-mail them upfront and see if I can sort an upgrade out upfront.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in about 6-8 different corner suites and never had a glimpse of the fountains.
    Very surprised to see that link from TripAdvisor.
    The way Aria is set up that there are multiple corners on each end of the building.

When I am in a corner suite I usually want a city view or at least at the other end of the building.
    The end closest to Cosmo has more limited views and the constant thumping from Marquee.

9. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TY for the advice Nittany, will request the end closer to the Mandarin then if I get one.

10. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410928415.290997.jpg how are we defining view? My non corner suite could see a tad of the fountains if you really tried hard.. Nothing useful, though. Imagine the corner suite next door had a little more view, but doubt enough to see anything.

11. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had an email back from Aria quoting me $812 for 5 nights!

12. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I must have had photos from the Vdara up. You're right, not much of a view from there!

13. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that $812 the upgrade above what you are already paying? And how much were you paying? I'm going to be there Dec. 23 and 24 and hope I get an upgrade to a corner suite email between now and then. Mine is a regular room (which is still excellent) and I found a special in an old email from MGM Resorts where the rooms will cost me $95 a night plus I get a $140 resort credit.

14. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the upgrade cost.

This suite is currently available at an additional per night cost of $125.00/$175.00/$225.00/$100.00/$100.00 plus 12% tax for a total upgrade fee of $812.00 Nights are Thursday - Monday there.

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me the price difference would be worth it.
    My sleep schedule is different from my wife's and having a separate bedroom is important. Not everybody will agree with that.
    I would think you should be able to request a high floor, corner, tower,
    or panoramic.

So my question is does the price of the upgrade equal what you can book the Corner Suite at online retail?
    If it is,maybe you should cancel the original reservation and rebook.Then watch the prices closely online.
    That is historically a slow time of year and the prices may drop closer to your travel dates.
    If they do,a phone call will get the rates adjusted down.

I'll just throw this out also,if you are an autoclub member there is usually a discount.
    The few times I have booked online I initially forgot to ask about that.

16. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The price difference is worth it, but I don't have that sort of extra cash to drop on the room. Will have to just wait and see if they'll upgrade at the check in for slightly less if the availability is there.

17. BrooklynJeff

BrooklynJeff Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a standard room here earlier this year, and upon check-in thought I'd give the $20 'trick' a whirl since I'd never attempted it before. When it was my turn, I made sure to tell the clerk it was my first time staying at his property and that I was genuinely glad to be checking-in for a much anticipated visit (which I was!) and passed him $20 with my cc while saying "Any consideration would be much appreciated." I was upgraded to a panoramic view corner suite, and given a $100 per day (for three days) food and beverage credit. This might seem excessive, but when you consider that these perks served to make me a repeat visitor and loyal patron, the hotel benefits as much as I did. It was GREAT to have all that extra room, and the in-room fridge, etc. and I also got to sample just about all of the Aria restaurants. Well worth a try!!

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The value just is not there at those prices. It may be that booking through a third party is affecting the quote they're giving you. Unless you've already set expectations for the lady, I'd wait and take a shot when you get there.

The first 4 weeks of December up until Xmas are among the cheapest/slowest weeks of the year. There's almost no doubt that they will have availability.

19. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is not a very good deal, especially for the time of year.

20. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, exactly my thoughts guys. We aren't hugely bothered by a suite, but I know it'll blow her away if we have one. However that's practically half my bankroll. Not dropping that for a room upgrade! Will wait and see if check in can offer me anything.

You're correct there RM, who is going to pay $225 to upgrade one Saturday before Christmas? I know a lot of people stay on comps, but those numbers are crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.