1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mid Strip hotels that are convenient to LV Convention Center

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sek1984, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sek1984

sek1984 Newbie

My husband and I are attending a convention in January and are currently trying to figure out which hotel would work best for us. Neither of us have been to Vegas before so we are unsure were to book. I do know that the Encore is the closest strip hotel to the convention center but we were hoping for something a little more mid strip (closer to everything).

We've been considering these hotels: Aria, Vdara, Paris, Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, and Treasure Island. Which of these would you recommend or if you have any other suggestions that would be great as well =).

Thanks

2. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The convention center is on the monorail. Would you be interested In using that as transportation to and from your hotel? If not, from your list, I would say PH or Bellagio, depending on your age and party style. But really, in regards to getting to and from the convention center, you will prob be taking a cab anyway, so don't worry about that and pick a hotel you want to stay at. Aria is gorgeous.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often do you need to go to the convention centre? Wynn or Venetian / Palazzo is nearest on strip but expensive. If you don't need to go there often it would be better value to stay at somewhere like Paris and pay the $40 in return cab fare.

Basically, what is your itinerary?

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically any hotel that is on the monorail line will be most convenient: MGM Grand, Ballys, Flamingo, Quad, Harrahs, SLS.

5. sek1984

sek1984 Newbie

Great! Thanks for the replies. I'll look into the monorail and go from there.

6. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Are you attending CES?

Stick to hotels with monorail access. The walk from Wynn/Encore and Venetian/Palazzo sucks in January, especially if you are hauling a bunch of swag and brochures from the convention center.

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Depending on the convention, cab rides can be 30 minutes even from the closer strip properties. Even though monorails can get super crowded during key conventions, I find them much easier than fighting traffic in a cab.

8. sek1984

sek1984 Newbie

No, we're attending the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show.

I think we are definitely going to be using the Monorail. If we stayed at the Bellagio or Aria, how much of a hassle is it to cross over to Bally's/Paris for the monorail station?

9. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    monorail is back end of ballys a bit of a walk from Aria and Bellagio

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio is closer than Aria. Take the bridge from Bellagio over to Bally's. Walk through Ballys to get to the monorail. Still a little bit of a walk, but nothing too unreasonable.

11. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look at MGM. All the rooms have been redone recently and it is a pretty quick walk from the Grand rooms to the monorail without going outside.

Mark

12. djen

djen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris was on original list, and you can access the monorail at Bally's. Paris is connected to Bally's by a walk through the shops.

If you are not taking the monorail, then cab fares and length of ride will be about the same cost from the center of the strip.

13. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I attend a convention every year and always stay at Ballys when I do because of access to the monorail. I know Ballys isn't one of the hotels on your list, but if you book a room in the newly remodeled Jubilee tower you will be happy with your room. Take a look at the pics you can find on their website. They look just like the pics, and they're very spacious. A lot more spacious than a regular room at Paris, and nicer. It's also a great location on the strip with easy access to lots of places first timers to Vegas want to go. The Jubilee tower rooms only have showers though, no tub unless you upgrade to a suite. Have a great first trip!

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a LONG walk from monorail to Bellagio, and even longer to Aria. After walking 10 miles a day at a trade show... no thanks.

15. sek1984

sek1984 Newbie

Thanks so much for all of the advice. We ended up booking at the MGM Grand - we got a Stay Well Room which is hopefully decent. I think we are going to end up getting a 4 day monorail pass so it should be easy to get to and explore mid strip. We're so excited!

16. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Most conventions will offer discount monorail tickets, so check the convention's website to see what discounts are available, if any.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, sometimes the convention will run shuttle buses from some hotels to convention center.

18. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

If you go to the KBIS web site it says that there will be shuttles to the "official" hotels (under the travel section of Hotel and Travel). It doesn't specify what the "official" hotels are but under the Hotel Reservations section it lists a number of hotels and the rates offered during the show. Surprisingly MGM isn't one of those on the list.

http://www.kbis.com/

19. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you definitely made the best decision by picking the MGM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.