1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone got a line on a spot for good drink/food specials during NFL games?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by Ratpacker13, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where to drop this topic but figured here was as good as any considering where I am going with it. I have searched and searched, only found old lists from 2012 and half assed ads for places that tell me nothing....Here's the question: Are there any decent spots on the strip or in close proximity that have good drink/food specials for Sunday NFL and/or Monday night football games?

2. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're downtown, try Chicago Brew Co., upstairs at Four Queens. Nice food, microbrew, VP (brews free while playing), and a stogie if you're so inclined. Plus, all the games. Hard to beat!

3. Criminole

Criminole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember last trip they gave you free play for your food and drink bill during games. Will do that for sure if that deal is still offered.

4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in this too, specifically for MNF. I haven't been down there when the Seahawks are playing but I'll be there for their MNF game in October and am trying to find a good bar to go to, preferably on the Southern half of the Strip (Mandalay Bay to Bellagio area).

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a post with a map of Vegas bars and their sports affiliations, think it was on this board?

6. Ratpacker13

Ratpacker13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yah, I been to Chicago Brew before, great pizza and beer no doubt and it was Benny's Bullpen at Binions that had the rebate deal on your bar/food tab for up to $50 in free play! Unfortunately Benny's Bullpen is now gone and besides, this time around we will be parked up on the strip as a lot of the stuff we have planned is up that way. I also have seen the list of NFL team bars (if you are so inclined....http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/nfl-team-bar-directory) but I am not really looking for a specific team based spot. I am just looking for a place with great drink and grub specials (don't need to be fancy) that has the games on (truth be told....for my girl, she's the football fan), can get the job done (aka schmammered) on the cheap (for me, cheap brews and eats and I am happy. I always joke for her it's football season, for me it's cheap beer and grub season), and has some atmosphere for people watching. The freebies, raffles and other fun stuff are also always a bonus!

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is not going to be offered again. I was just there 2 weeks ago and know some of the bartenders well. They said it was exploited by people who came in repeatedly to buy $50 in cigarettes then take those receipts in to get their $50 in free play each time. It sucks that some scamming assholes ruin it for everyone.

8. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book and Stage at the Cosmo ,Comped top shelf drinks while slow playing 25 cent VP at bar top during the last weeks Seahawks Game, big screen TV and lots of NFL fans, get there at least an hour before kick off

9. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy both Chicago Brewing Co and 777 Brewpub at MSS. I've also been to the lounge at Ellis Island. They have cheap food and their microbrews for $1 during games. You didn't specify whether you were looking for a loud, raucous place with a big party where there happened to be a football game or a place where you could actually enjoy the game and have good service. Of the 3 I mentioned, 777 is the loudest, largely because it's the largest. It can also get fairly crowded, if you have a large party and can't really sit at the bar.

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duece Lounge @ Aria

11. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always liked the pub at Monte Carlo. It was always fun for Monday Night Football. When it was still a brew pub I liked it better.

12. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked this one as well. I've only been on a Sunday. They had an all you can eat brunch buffet and an all you can drink special or you can combine them. The food is nothing to write home about, but you can get full enough to burst. The drinks are a sub-set of their drink menu. Nothing top shelf, but you can drink enough to get plastered. I liked their bloody mary mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.