1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas One Night Stay Rule - MLife Property Rules - HELP!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I will be there in October. The room is in both of our names, I used miles along with MyLife points to get 4 nights at Monte Carlo. My friend, who is staying with me has buffet comps at Mandalay Bay, Aria, and MGM Grand. The person at Monte Carlo says the room has to be in HIS name to redeem the buffets. Any truth to this? Anyone had this experience?

Thanks!

July 19th - July 24th
  2. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, anytime they make changes, there are a few hiccups along the way. This is what I have heard so far but I think he will be okay.

First, when did he buy those buffet rewards? It it was before the change, then the required stay is NOT effective so no problem. Having said that, some people have been denied use but basically because they don't know better. Solution = take along your confirmation email which will show that a stay is NOT required. You also might have to get a supervisor involved.

2nd, if he bought those buffets that do say a stay is required, we have been told by a PS rep, Mitzi that if his name is on the room then that counts as a reservation and he should be good to go. Again, you might have to get a supervisor involved.

I would hope by October that all staff have gotten the word how this new restriction is to be enforced though and that he will not have any problems. just fyi, I had similar problem last May with some "grandfathered" rewards, Bellagio wouldn't let me redeem a buffet and a quick email to Monty Kerr ([email protected]) and problem was solved in about 30 minutes.

3. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just put both of your names on the Monte Carlo room and it won't be a problem for either of you

4. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the room with American Airlines points, I got a GREAT deal, so I booked it. According to the policy on 3rd party vendors, they can only put one name on the reservation.

July 19th - July 24th
  5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you check in, tell the desk clerk to put your friend's name on the room as well. They do this in case the other person may need to get a key or other services. they will usually ask if you want to add someone else to the room anyway,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.