1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Tower at Plaza

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by BlackJackLady, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know I've read this before but now I can't find it. For those of you who have stayed at Plaza, which is the better tower for view, low noise level etc?

2. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't answer as to the North tower, but we stayed in the South tower in June for a night in a South facing room. Nice view of The STRAT at night. Little to no noise bothered us, I'm not even sure if I heard the trains go by or not. The tower elevators are close to the valet, but long ways from the registration desk. Our room was fine, good furniture, comfortable beds, good AC. Hope this helps

3. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only ever stayed in the South tower...but no noise issues and the elevators are quick...both ways. Nice room, comfortable bed...good pillows... don't much care for the bathroom sink or general layout, but there's certainly enough room, especially compared with other "standard" room bathrooms downtown. Toilet/shower are separate from the vanity & sink. Weird, elevated sink.
    Good, cold A/C
    Stayed both times on a comp, so no resort-fee but still got internet in the room.
    My views have been the pool, both times. Nothing really to see though...just the rooftop, tennis court & pool.
    I'm just one who doesn't care that much about the room view, so it was fine with me.

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both towers. they are similar.

Had one of those balcony rooms facing fremont street and it was hands down the loudest room I have ever been in. all the sound from the stage across the street comes right up into it. i was upgraded from a south tower room so i didnt complain of course. the ones facing the mts would be better most likely.

5. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Cousineddie. The front rooms at the Plaza are VERY loud. I moved to the south tower.

6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed at the Plaza five times since the remodel. We like our rooms as quiet as possible, and for the Plaza that seems to be the south tower, south side, up and to the east (away from the railroad tracks). Ditto everyone else's comments about the north tower, east (Fremont facing) side. It is LOUD. Couldn't sleep at all until after 2 am when the stage below stopped playing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.