1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

United D gates question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sharper, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying United into vegas for the first time. All my previous trips were Southwest. Do I go to terminal 1 or 3 baggage claim? It looks like there are some sort of trams that go to both terminals. I've only ever seen terminal 1 and just trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    United Baggage claim is in Terminal 3, but you will land in terminal 1. You will walk from the D-gates down the big escalator thing and straight across the atrium to the tram for the E gates (or "plane train" if you will) that will take you to the baggage carousel. Most of the crowd you get off the escalator with will go to the left and go to the old baggage claim where you have gone in the past to claim your Southwest bags. United is in the new snazzy terminal, so it will be a different one for you than Southwest. There are lots of signs as well as employees on hand to answer any questions and give directions.

3. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure you get on the right tram. If you take the wrong tram and go to terminal 1, you can't go back. You have to take a bus shuttle to terminal 3 baggage.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For this first time in probably 7 trips I am checking luggage this time. Your post has me concerned that I will miss the correct tram now lol

Good post as I wouldn't have paid too close attention and probably ended up stuck in the wrong place.

6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly into Vegas every 4-6 weeks and always use the same airline. The first time they moved to D gate from the main terminal 3, I took the wrong tram (I didn't realize there was more than 1). So, I've done the big circuit.....and I certainly wasn't alone on that bus rude back to terminal 3. It took so long, my regular driver was already waiting for me at the baggage carousel, WITH my bag already in his hand!

7. DiamondJim21

DiamondJim21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As other posters have said, it is well marked. I fly United into Vegas on a regular basis and have never had a problem. Just follow the signs.

8. MTROH

MTROH Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes make certain when you go down the escalator to go straight to the tram, not to the left as was noted above. Then be prepared for one of the longest hikes to get your suitcase. You enter terminal three and there are 25-30 carosels and United of course is at the far end. then you need to hunt for the shuttle desk, then walk back to the original end of terminal 3 to get the shuttle. as for The cabs they are somewher out there. I see you might be flying United out of PIT or thru CLE, Definitely wear your hiking boots. There is no excuse for where you enter versus where the luggage ends up a mile away.

9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff, thanks. Yeah I didn't know there were two trams either. Usually with only carry-on in tow I am off the plane and into a taxi without even thinking about it.

Helluva driver you had that day!

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Haha....you know I've been talking up the PH craps dealers. My driver is also out of PH. I often take the same flight on the same day of the week, so usually it's the same PH driver. Looking forward to your trip report on PH craps.

11. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the help everyone. Sounds like a lot different than flying into terminal 1. I was hoping it would be quicker getting out but with all the walking, that may not be the case.

12. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back yesterday. It really isn't that long if a walk. At least not in comparison to what I experienced in Dulles on the return trip.

13. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time I flew United and had to get bags at Terminal 3, I went to the old Terminal 1 and waited an hour. There had been no signs indicating a baggage change. Finally got it figured out. Now? I prefer it ... the cab line is much shorter. Way fewer people coming into Terminal 3. It's pretty civilized. Gets me to my uncivilized Vegas times much more quickly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.