1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas purchase limit for this reward has been reached

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Steve1212, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1212

Steve1212 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what this means as I am starting to get this for rewards I have used in the past but last year. "Your purchase limit for this reward has been reached"

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It means you can't buy the same reward again. There only a few rewards that you can buy more than once. Sometimes when there is a pricing change you become able to repurchase the award, but many awards have leveled out in price lately now.

3. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being only able to use rewards once really devalues the game for me. If you have used the rewards that you like, what do you if you are sitting on a lot of LP's?

4. Steve1212

Steve1212 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank-you for the response, I was afraid that was the answer. Not happy about this at all :( As I have over 600K LP.

5. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wiggle::wiggle:
    thank you for this answer! very helpful!! how far ahead did u book the room via myVEGAS ?thanks in advance and have a great time on your trip, tringlomane (happy birthday GF!)

2024’s Second Trip
  6. cmrvancouver

cmrvancouver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can purchase a reward more than once, as long as it is a new batch. It is not known how often new batches are put out, but if you are getting that message, the reward batch you are trying to purchase has not yet been replenished.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Um we booked about 3 weeks in advance this time? The time we are going is traditionally "slow" though.

I want to say they are pretty liberal on using the room comp IF standard room availability is available. I say this because I tried to book a room in Tunica with only a week notice. The reservationist initially thought I wanted beau rivage in Biloxi. Sun was available there for the award, Monday was not. Sunday retailed $459 for the standard room and Monday was fully sold out of standard rooms (prices when not busy are sub $100 on weeknights).

Fortunately she eventually realized I wanted tunica, not Biloxi. And got the room both nights (using my g/f's and my rewards) even though Sunday's price was double than normal ($149).

Yeah. My g/f and I have been able to spend a decent amt of points because we don't get mgm room comps through play. We're starting to run out of cirque shows to go to (our 4th trip via myVegas upcoming).

The only other two options to burn a major amt of points is the club table service or Wolfgang Puck and that's still buy one get one.

Unfortunately there no great option. I feel like it's risky to just hoard LPs hoping for new/better rewards. They'll devalue over time. I'm surprised they are worth as much as they currently are.

8. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    iirc, most of the buffets you can buy more than once if they don't change the price - I was able to purchase the Aria one-person dinner buffet and I'm pretty sure the price didn't change.

9. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you CAN buy more than once, it just has to be a different batch, which does not necessarily mean different price. We have been able to get the $50 MC food credit a few times, but a few weeks ago, it said we couldn't get it. Then a few days later, the terms changed and the price was lower so we were able to get it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.