1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens Suites...what are they like?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ksflann, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a suite at Four Queens. Has anyone ever had one? What can I expect. This is a surprise for my husband for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have stayed at Four Queens in a regular room and it was fine. We love staying downtown. Reminds us of what Vegas used to be when we got married there. Our honeymoon hotel was Westward Ho! At one time it was a nice place!

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, they look really nice.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had a free upgrade to a petite suite before and it was pretty much as pictured on oyster.com. It was nice to have the extra space. The bathrooms are lively, I'm not sure how I'd do facing them in the morning with a hangover but luckily that didn't happen to us.

We stayed on one on the second floor and while it didn't bother us to have a view of the roof, you might want to ask for a higher floor to ensure a better view. The rooms were nice though.

bcv.jpg DSCN3010.jpg DSCN3009.jpg DSCN3019.jpg

5. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambler, mind if I ask how did you get the free upgrade? Comps or $20 trick or some other reason.

I am hoping that they will comp our stay after they see how much we gamble.

Thanks for the pictures

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there on a 3 night regular room comp offer and I can't recall if there was a reason but the desk clerk just said she'd give us that room. We didn't do the $20 trick or even ask for an upgrade, for some reason she just offered it so we took it. It's the only time we've been offered an upgrade there after 15+ trips there. Hopefully you can get it comped at the end.

By the way, Happy Anniversary!

7. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Gambler! We leave Tuesday and I am super excited.

8. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a suite at the Four Queens back in April. It was large but I have to say the a/c was absolutely terrible and more like a fan blowing. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. We basically slept on the sectional couch. I was totally disappointed. The view was over some a/c vents and generally industrial crap. I'm a big 4 queens fan but that room was the pits.

9. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recieved a suite last year when I checked in..(had only reserved a room with king bed) but since I was meeting others who were also staying there...I asked if they had any rooms that would have a couch, so we could sit and visit and plan our days.....they said they had one...gave me my key card....I walked in and was very surprised...a couch, a love seat, end tables, coffee table, 2 chairs, small bar or dining table, , 2 closets, full bath, seperate make-up vanity...King bed.....now the furnishings in the room were dated, but the room was very clean, and nothing to bitch about for 35 bucks a night!!

10. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you remember if any of them have a fridge in them? I know the standard room doesn't.

gambler, I think you were in the room right next to mine. Or right down the hall. I was in the last room down the hall, and had the same great view of the pipes.But, I did have a better view of the FSE.

11. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I checked in I made a plea for a south room/south tower because I have become very noise sensitive concerning the bands at the third street stage. He said that they were very full and only had north facing north tower. I asked to be away from third street, so maybe that is where the suites are. I assumed he bumped me into it because he couldn't accommodate my original request; he didn't mention it to me when he gave me the key. I would have loved to been able to share it with my wife because of the double vanity and the largest bathroom I have ever had downtown. As I was solo it didn't do much for me. I believe there is a refrigerator hidden in one side of the armoire where the tv is.

12. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our petite suite was at the end of the hall. We didn't use the fridge but I'm pretty sure it had one. You can sort of see it in this bad photo, under the ice bucket, across from the couch.

DSCN3012.jpg

13. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in 4 Queens suites dozens of times. Both suite types have Frigs. I would recommend the Deluxe suite with the wetbar because these are further away from the the FSE noise.

14. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    kiwiboy1, since you have stayed in both types can you tell me the difference between the petite and deluxe? I don't see much difference in the pictures.

Thanks,

15. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might have to see if I can do the $20 trick. I'm going to take an insulated backpack, but a real frig would be nice to keep the Gateraid/Pedialite in.

16. ksflann

ksflann Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FullBoat, the have refrigerators for $8 per day.

17. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Petite suite has a sectional "cloth" couch which divides the room in half. The TV/Amoire is on the right as you look out the window. The TV can be pulled out and swivled so it can be viewed from the bed but it really isn't big enough to see great from that distance. Better to watch from the couch. There are windows overlooking FSE or the top of the building depenidng on your floor height. Either way these rooms are noisey. To the right of the window is a desk and chair and beside it is a Frig. These rooms "feel" larger to me but they are also darker.

The Deluxe suite is at the other end of the corridor and face away from FSE, hence are much quieter. These have more windows and thus feel lighter. They normally have a black "leather" couch along the wall and a couple of chairs. The bed faces the Amoir/TV and the room isn't as big so watching TV from the bed is a little better. To the right of bed along the inside way is a wet bar with large mirror running along the wall. I prefer these rooms despite feeling smaller due to the lack of noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.