1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sept 11th air travel

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Shelbymae, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone else is flying on Sept 11th. I have read a few news articles about higher threat levels needing to be in place, and flight 370 re-surfacing that day. and such. I guess I can only have faith that the airlines will step up security, (already plan on being at airport earlier than normal) and the sky will be safe, as well as land.

2. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I see it, life is a crapshoot and all we can do is just go on with the business of living and hope for the best. Hopefully it will turn out to be just another ordinary travel day.

3. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am returning from Vegas on 9/11.
    I have flown 2-3 other times on that date.
    My wife was a bit fearful, but I figured that it's just another day. Though the alert level may be a bit higher, who knows, that may make that day even safer than another.

4. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Returning as well that day, and just have to have faith that the airlines will be grounded if Homeland Security feels there is anything not right. If something is going to happen...it could be ANY day

5. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying to Washington on that date, and I feel very secure,as I think around 9/11 the quality of controle at airports will be at high alert..

6. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya know, a couple weeks ago I booked travel to Las Vegas for Sept. 11th and didn't give it a second thought... until now. I may go ahead and go a day early. I fly out of Reno, which is usually a breeze getting in and out of and I doubt it would be too much different on this day, but why experience additional "hassle" if I don't need to? I dunno, I'll have to think about this today.

8. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew ATL to LAS last Sept 11 and doing it again this Sept 11.

Lol @ the fear mongering over a plane in the ocean tho.

9. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also flying back from Vegas on that day and have no worries. I have flown on Sept 11th many other times and was even supposed to be on one of the flights from 2001. I believe the airlines are safer now than ever, so I am not going to worry about something I have no control over.

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too have flown on 9-11 and only once did I give thought to it - on the fifth anniversary. But the other three times I flew on that date I noticed it was less crowded than normal.

If there were real credible threats then we'd probably not even hear about it - they would just do whatever is necessary to minimize that threat and then we'd hear months or years later how they thwarted an attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa...that's heavy. How'd you handle that mentally and emotionally?

11. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It affected my wife more than myself. I was on the United Flight 93 almost every week but decided to not take the trip that week (and I am not even sure why now). I was back flying within a few weeks and still fly almost 100K miles domestically a year. I do tend to look at life a little different and try not worry about the little stuff as you never know when something is going to happen that you have no control over. Said differently, I am not going to let something that I have no control over change the way I live my life. It was a terrible tragedy and I can't even imagine what the families went through. I am thankful I wasn't one of them and I plan to continue to do what I want and not be control by fear of something might happen but that is just me.

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't imagine that but I think your outlook is good as can be. I think it would have messed with me for a couple years pretty heavily. That day was so terrible...I will never forget that.

13. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone, I guess I really just needed the re-assurance that others felt it was safe also, and that even with theories of high alerts, that they felt air travel was as safe as it can be. I remember 9-11-01 very well myself, and because of that, my son now is one of the many thousands of soldiers defending this country God Bless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.