1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

yardhouse in the linq

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kitson, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

know it is a chain, but we sure do not have one in montana.

185 taps with 140 different beers.

was there three times, one lunch where we shared chicken nachos, and 2 dinners. sat at the bar each time, different staff each time, the bar supervisor and employees were different each time, and serve with a team approach, every single one competent, fast, courteous and fun.

had a number of different beers, already knew i enjoyed lower hop, lower alcohol craft beers. am a hefeweizen fan, but i guess with americanized tastes. while i did not leave any in the glasses, the german wheat beers were more yeasty than i liked, and in the search for the low alcohol and bitterness alternatives, discovered i really really like the brown ales. so far, the lost coast brown i had was my favorite, might just have to try the moose drool from my neck of the woods again.

also am sure i need to get back down to las vegas and further my research. yardhouse had great service, decent prices for las vegas, the food was just fine and the beer was cold.

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to checking the place out. I can get moose drool and other big sky products in my home state of Missouri, but the price vs. ABV tends to turn me off. :( Of all the major breweries available in grocery stores, that's the biggest one I haven't caved into I think.

3. wa8ckt

wa8ckt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay at Harrah's, wow 140 different beers. Gotta check that out in September. Love my beer! Even with 140 I won't go in the High Roller, not to mention no bathroom.

4. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the one in Dedham MA and it was fantastic (beers, food and service). I'll probably pop into the Linq and sample some more hops on tap :)

5. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have gone the last two trips, 'tis a good spot - they have a good lunch special and as mentioned a lot of beers. Service is typical Vegas, hit or miss :)

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now THIS I want to try. Could be a fun time trying the different beers.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and were at the LV Yard House yesterday with friends. The evening temperatures were low enough to sit in the outdoor (downstairs) lounge fronting the Linq. As usual, the appetizers and meals were of high quality and the service was good. I'm not into the beer thing but those who are seemed to be having fun with it. I tried the pizza this time - very good considering Yard House is not a pizza place. My wife likes the onion ring towers.

Bill

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YardHouse is a chain but distinguishes itself in a way that eludes many chains: Quality. Try the poke stack.

9. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Yardhouse LV back in May and really enjoyed it. The food, as others have said, was of excellent quality. My husband had a steak sandwich that was tender and flavorful. Our friends had a salad and a pasta and both loved their meals. We will definitely go back for the food. My husband works for a beer distributor so the variety of beers is wasted on us, we tend to be loyalists vs trying lots of different things.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the average pint price? We liked the variety at the Pub at Monte Carlo but found the prices really high (yes, even for a city - we found great selection at much cheaper prices in Manhattan, so it's not that we're totally spoiled by our NC prices ;-)

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.yardhouse.com/files/beer_menu_75.pdf

It doesn’t look like anything can be considered a steal. But I’d say it seems about a buck or so cheaper than other places on the strip with a good beer selection.

I might have to go in for a pint or three next trip.

12. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - when I had looked at the other Yard House location in Vegas, I hadn't found a menu with prices so never looked for one for the Linq. My bad/my laziness.

Those prices look "resort reasonable" ;-)

13. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the one in Town Square a few times, and it was a good overall experience. They normally have Happy Hour, but I can't see the new one listed on the website, while the other Nevada ones have 3-6 p.m. M-F, and late nights, say. Any idea if they have a happy hour at the Linq location?

14. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Linq location has Happy Hour M-F 3-6 PM, variety of drink specials and 1/2 off a good number of appetizers.

15. Steveslats

Steveslats Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the Rogue Dead Guy Ale if you don't like hoppy IPA's. One of my favorites. I've been to the Yard House at Red Rock and the Linq and loved both of them. The artichoke appetizer and the guacamole dip s outstanding and I can't stop eating the the home made potato chips. Oh, and the beer selection is outstanding. I can't wait to go back.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.