1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Birthday Dinner, Pants Optional

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Suekel, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So our upcoming trip includes my Birthday and I'd like to plan a dinner. I was leaning toward Strip House, since we are staying at Pho. However my husband has decided to refuse to pack jeans or slacks. He will have nicer shorts, collared button down shirts and polos.

Yes, I realize it should not be such a big deal to put on some damn grown up pants for a couple hours, but I've decided this is not my hill to die on.

Any suggestions for a somewhat nice place to have dinner that shorts, collared shirt and loafers will not make us totally out of place?

If it matters, our typical "sit down" meals in Vegas are places like Margaritaville, Yardhouse, and Holsteins. I'm thinking somewhere a notch above those.

2. Sydney10

Sydney10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you'd get turned away from strip house. Just call ahead to confirm.

3. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, if it matters, we'd likely be eating around 6PM, because we're old like that, and I want to have cocktails at Hyde around 8. If they let him in in ^%£@& shorts.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :kill: I think we may be married to brothers.

I'd also be surprised if Strip House would turn you away in NICE shorts and a polo or button down shirt. If he can manage shoes other than ratty tennies, even better. :)

Hyde I'm less sure about, but you can just make him wait outside because he couldn't wear what we call "big boy pants". :haha:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not think he will be turned down going in for dinner. That's resort casual wear and he his not wearing a tank top and ripped shorts.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think a photo of his LEGS would be a must for such evaluation. If he has Yankee white legs in the middle of summer with grotesquely long black curly hairs in abundance......pack some pants in your suitcase for the dinner. But if tanned and somewhat fit in appearance then no, I don't think it a big deal. Put him in the corner seat of the table so he will only be exposed to all those seated after you on the way to the exit. (however, if he was married to MY wife there would be payback later in some form or other with similarly "embarrassing" attire).....

7. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL - well he is Hispanic so definitely no Yankee white legs. I have those, but will keep them appropriately covered.

He actually has nice legs for a bigger guy.

Legs.jpg

8. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love your expression " not my hill to die on". Thanks for giving me a new one.

9. wa8ckt

wa8ckt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think, especially in the hotter months, nice shorts would work most places. I don't care to wear shorts but many, many do. We have been going since the late 60's and then and through the 80's it was suit and tie for Everything! Now anything goes. if your willing to pay $200 for a show or dinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.