1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas New partner: Royal Carribbean Cruises

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by crimsona, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimsona

crimsona Tourist

Interesting reward to the quest - entry to a 2 night cruise (but no airfare included, so most likely won't go even if I won).

The LP reward and coin in requirements seems to scale too - my wife's level 56/turquoise gets 500 LP+36k top prize and faster finding pieces whereas my level 68/onyx gets 750 LP+60k top prize but takes longer.

Both accounts spinning at 200 chips/spin, but the lower level one is already up to 9 pieces of 10 luggages found whereas the higher one is still at 6

RCI is now a full on partner with new rewards for people outside of Vegas, with tons of rewards (not too sure about the cruise discounts given how often they go on sale anyways)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New Partner: Royal Caribbean

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems there are a few people here always talking about this surplus of LPs they have and how they're not sure how they're going to use them. If I was in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'd jump all over that free 4-night cruise for two people for only 1.2 million LP. Sure beats choosing a song at the Bellagio fountain for 1m.

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be interested to hear if anyone purchases the 4-day cruise and what exactly the reward gives you. The details are a little lacking, but its definitely something that I'm interested in and I should hit 1.2 Million tomorrow.

5. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas is so bad at providing specifics on the awards. Two things I want to know, do the awards work for Celebrity, which is part of RCC International? Also, they state the awards are only good for new bookings. I assume that means the cruise bookings and not freeplay, drink awards, onboard credit... or does it?

Anyone have any idea?

6. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad to see them expanding outside of Vegas. I'm sure the amount of LP will only go up on these cruises, so if they interest you and you've got the points, i'd jump on them while you can.

7. mutigers

mutigers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the 50% off cruise fare for 2 the same as a complimentary companion cruise?

8. Elayne

Elayne Tourist

It is also very unclear on which cruises it can be used (and what room type etc)

9. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any specifics regarding rules, nothing on the fan page?

10. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have ZERO clue... but I would bet you have to pay taxes, fees and NSF still - just like the "free" cruises they give away from time to time.

14. Bushman1

Bushman1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were hoping to get the reward and use it on a cruise in February, but that doesn't appear to be an option... oh, well

15. utwofan

utwofan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 40% and 50% discounts are percent off of the "brochure rate" (read full) and not the advertised web rate which usually includes 1st person travels at full fare and 2nd person travels at 1/2 off. You are also limited to the 33 cruises identified on the listing provided and those cabins that are available for each cruise. The 35% off discount for any cruise through 2015 is in reality only a 10% discount since all the cruises I researched are already discounted at 25%. I am not going to book a cruise just because of this promotion but if it works out for anyone then it may be a good deal. It would have been nice had the true "terms and conditions" been identified upfront before having to purchase the reward and calling in to the redemption number. I had tried to call for 4 hours today and keep getting "our offices are currently closed" recording (it is almost 2PM East Coast time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.