1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Aria FreePlay VS Slot Tournament?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by BellaBlvd, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I've already mentioned a bunch, I'm a total low roller and not a degenerate at all (yet!!! That may change after this trip!). I already have the reward for $50 in FreePlay at Aria (Yes, staying long enough to meet the restrictions). But now that they're bringing out the new one for slot tournament entry I'm curious if I'd be better off to shoot for that one instead.

My thought with the FreePlay was just to take it to the HL room, have a swanky cocktail and roll through as slowly as possible.

I had no idea Aria had a daily slot tournament. Has anyone played? What's the normal buy in? I've never done a slot tournament before but was going to check out Margaritaville that supposedly has one on Sundays (because I really want a Margaritaville TR card and figured I may as well play in my first slot tournament while there).

Any skilled spinners know what would be my better option/chances to come away on a winning note? :beer:

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $50 in slot play is worth $50 cash in the slot machine.

The slot tournament is worth ZERO to well over 95% of the players. The few that win, win well.

I would do the slot play. As to making $50 last long enough to get a drink - good luck with that. Most HL rooms have at least a $10 min but, often $25 or more.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    95% really? They say the top payout is only $500...and normally requires 500 MLife points. I was hoping it was worth at least $50 equity...

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Some slot tourneys, you will get free play just for showing up.

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its seems this reward doesnt count in you 3 in 30 days limit just like the monorail/wolfgang puck/sugar factory

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tournament at Aria is brand new and the MyVegas reward for a free entry hasn't even made its debut yet, so its really a little too early to be estimating its value.

In the end the big thing is going to be the prize structure versus how many people enter.

If they set the prize structure up where there is a floating prize pool based on number of entries and the top X% win prizes then thats going to probably have some decent value to it... but if its a static prize pool and there are a lot of entrants in to the tournament and only a limited number of winners (IE: only the top 5 win or the top 10 or something like that) then thats easy to calculate the value of and its probably not going to be good. IE: if they said something like "top 5 players each win $500 in freeplay" and they typically get 200-250 entrants to the tournament then your chances of winning are going to be pretty slim, but the end reward is decent if you do win.

7. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair point Auggie - thanks for the explanation. And if it doesn't count towards the 3 this is moot anyway and I'll just try to get it too :) It does seem like the FreePlay has a bit more overall value so I'm not sure I'd refund that for a slot tournament based on what I'm hearing at this point. Thanks to all for chiming in.

8. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone get this this morning? I never saw it open. :grrr:

9. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering the same thing, I tried for 20 minutes and never saw it open either

10. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was late to trying but it was showing as sold out when I got to it.

11. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the window open today, but I was too slow putting in my info. Already sold out for today. :grrr:

12. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got to redeem page, but when putting in info got distracted at work and it ended up being sold out:thumbsdown:
    there is always tomorrow

13. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will try a snag this for next week then if doesnt count againt the 3 redeemed

14. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Problem is, everyone else is thinking this too. Window stayed open for about 5 seconds today. It's pure luck if you get it. I didn't get it again.

15. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup had 5 available when it switched this AM at 7 am PCT, sold out by the time I entered email less then 5 sec. uggggg

16. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know when the Aria My Vegas slot tournament is being held. I am assuming it is for a set period but I can't find that information anywhere. We are going in late September and was thinking of getting this reward. thanks

17. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the info I got from another MV friend, it is pretty much ongoing right now. Prizes per the email he received as an mLife member are 1st $500 FP, 2nd 2 Zarkana Tix & 3rd 2 Buffet passes. So unless you are there on a day with few entrants, it's a pretty low return investment. That being said, slot tourneys are fun to participate in. I do feel it is a very overpriced redemption for what you are getting but they are supposed to be requiring 500 TCs earned just to participate on a daily basis -so possibly a lot less participation. As a contrast, the Quad offers I believe still $500FP as first place for it's daily tourney (M-F) but only requires 10 TCs to enter, or a coupon that they sometimes hand out in CC area.

In contrast the NYNY Slot tourney only requires around 250 TCs entry & has higher daily prizes. (Not available as an option for MV at this time though).

18. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks jgates8 for the info - very helpful

19. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [. As a contrast, the Quad offers I believe still $500FP as first place for it's daily tourney (M-F) but only requires 10 TCs to enter, or a coupon that they sometimes hand out in CC area.

what is the CC area???

20. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnaval Court probably. And wow, this has to be the biggest waste of points ever offered unless less than 15 participate per day. And worse for my trip, Zarkana is on hiatus. Glad it sold out before I grabbed it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.