1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Donny & Marie Show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by polkarandy, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All, I will apologize in advance if this is something I could have found by searching, I tried...no luck.

Anyway, my wife would like to see Donny and Marie when we are in Vegas in Oct....according to the schedule posted on the Flamingo website they are playing the weekend we are there...so my questions are:

Are there any deals on tickets? My wife is a wonderful person, but $100 a pop is tough. We are not big gamblers.....so no way I'm getting anything comped. Or, is it that great of a show and easily worth the $100 + a piece. (When we were in LV last time, I did pony up over a $100 a piece to see Elton, and can easily say it was money well spent...now after the fact).

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Randy

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Availability: Discount show tickets are available at Tix4Tonight 50-75% of the time.

We sat in the cheap seats up in the mezzanine. It was fine. If you really love D&M then sit closer but we only like them and my wife was happy.

3. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Randy, I don't know about tickets but I was in the same boat as you last time my wife and I went to Vegas. I gave her her choice of shows and she picked D&M. I reluctantly bought them, but had to admit after the show that I did enjoy it. They put on a great show and were very interactive with the audience. We were in the very back, but they were still great seats. If your wife wants to go, then I say bite the bullet for tickets and take her.

4. missionrock

missionrock Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can discount tix on goldstar for $80. It's well worth it, one of my favorite shows in Vegas.

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your wife LOVES them. pay to get seats up close. Donnie really works the crowd. It's a good show. Marie's performances are variable. Donnie is always good.

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goldstar carries the $116 tickets for $80

7. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got comp tickets in AC at Caesars last week, and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. A bit corny, but it was good. Like the old style variety shows of the 70s. They each did there own thing with some duets thrown in, and they closed the show together showing a video of all the entertainers they've appeared with over the years, from Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason up to today. If you're my age (55) you will really enjoy it.
    [​IMG]

8. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help...I appreciate it!

Randy

9. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't help with price, but she will love it and you will like it. I promise.

11. driver

driver Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We order tickets direct from box office and get best seats available.

12. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We loved the show when we saw it 2 years ago. At that time we got a great deal through travelzoo. The LVA site has discounted tickets as well. The previous poster was correct Donny was better than Marie when we went. I'm 56 so I grew up with their music. I often read posts where the husband was dragged kicking and screaming to the show and was embarrassed to admit they enjoyed it. :evillaugh

13. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw the show in February. Bought our tickets day of the show at a Tix4Tonite location. Tickets were about $70 each for very good seats, close to the stage. The showroom isn't that big, so there probably aren't any bad seats. We bought our tickets before noon. By show time it was sold out.

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are awesome! I've seen it twice, first time I was dragged by my parents... but after I was impressed, it's a lot of fun. That's what they do, entertain. They've been doing it their entire lives. 2nd time I won a trip to see them, it was awesome. I would definitely go again.

It actually is on sale!

http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas/-70-Floor-Seats-Donny-amp-Marie-Osmond-in-Vegas-40-Off-1829846/

$69.50 floor seats, full price is $119. Use code KTZ at Ticketmaster (enter it in the promotion box). I would recommend getting a booth, felt a little cramped at the table. The showroom isn't huge so any seat would be pretty good.

15. billandsyl

billandsyl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also saw this show, Both really liked it and as already stated all seating is pretty good, But if you can afford it purchase a vip ticket for your wife, She then gets to meet Donnie and Marie after the show, Awesome experience!

16. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sat in one of the first tables with my wife. After first song Donny step onto table, we both held his hand to balance him as he walked over the table and onto the floor. I'm 57 and a rock and roll kind of guy (duh), but I have to say this was one heck of a show. Both Donny and Marie were spectacular and with over 50 years of each of showtime experience you won't be disappointed.

17. polkarandy

polkarandy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well...I bought tickets for a Friday night show off of Travelzoo...the discount mentioned earlier in the thread...I hope my wife likes the show :D

18. LVfan

LVfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also try Travelzoo.com Vegas.....Entertainment tabs

I got tickets twice from there for 2013 and 2014 mid range ticket price total under $70 per ticket

Look at the seating chart....the first time our seats were a little further back and my friend and I were upgraded to the tables at the front which were a lot more expensive....not a sold out show and they want all those tables filled

2nd time we got one of those nice comfortable high back booths that seat 5 people....4 in our group....we did have another gal join us and we all had a great night

worth seeing them for sure

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.