1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Snowbelle3, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I feel like I have climbed to the top of Mount Everest. I feel like it doesn't get much better than this.

I have reached the pinnacle.

Many great people before me have made the trip, but there is nothing like experiencing it for yourself.

It is amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it.

I used a small sum of money to go on a three-week Vegas vacation (as typical), but then ventured to follow it up with a tour of Europe...and of the east coast. Before coming back and wrapping up with prep for what should be the best, and height, of my doctoral career. Details to come on the non-Vegas adventures.

Without dipping into my pocket, the universe made it rain.

I fell in love with a new hotel and came to appreciate one I sulked about.

From a Bellagio fountain view from Cosmopolitan to a Carnaval Court alarm clock at Quad, I reveled in non-stop action.

From dancing the night away to soaking up the sun, this trip was fit for a princess.

The castle awaits...

http://livingbreathingvegas.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All I can say is "WOW".....very impressive sco!!! Not sure I would live thru 3 weeks in Mecca but you did it right!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Always enjoy your special perspective regarding your adventures! :):)

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. Very nice pics. You style of writing is very elegant.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to see you back posting, sco!

Reading this now...you always write great reports

5. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A very enjoyable read :) I have read other trip reports of yours and have enjoyed them as well. I am also a bargain hunter and get the "high" from the best deals. My next trip will be 9 days in December...solo as well, and I can appreciate your length of stay due to getting the best bang out of the airfare from the east coast.
    Thanks for sharing!

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just finished reading...fantastic.

Good luck with your upcoming career!

7. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fabulous write up! A great read and tons of amazing eye candy pics. Thanks for sharing!!

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report! And I thought we did a lot of hopping around! :evillaugh

I was excited when you were getting $20 for those previews. If we're lucky and they go back to paying cash for watching those things we'll probably bother to do one if time permits.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  9. NCISfan

NCISfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing that awesome trip report. Great pictures too.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

One of my favorite stories from any TR was when you once sat down at a $3 BJ table and bought in for $6. That still makes me laugh. I look forward to reading this but just going through the pics and wanted to ask why you always get a room with 2 beds when you're alone? Is it just to have a place to throw all your stuff?

11. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoyed the report and pictures , helped me wake up and get excited for our trip in 12 sleeps

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @sybgal Thanks for reading. haha I'm special :eek: Thanks lady!!!:thumbsup:

@Riddickbull Thanks a lot! I appreciate the comments about the writing. :wave:

@RockyBalboa Thank you for the well wishes :blowkiss:. Glad you enjoyed. :)

@g8rb8k8 I appreciate the kind remarks. I definitely get a high off the deal and that high has definitely been getting lower and lower with time, as the deals fall. But there are still deals to be had! And I am so happy when I find them. I love MYVEGAS. best thing Mlife has ever done for me lol. ENjoy your trip!! :thumbsup:

@BellaBlvd Awesome! Glad you liked it. :wave: I put in so many more pictures in this time yayyyyy!!

@tringlomane I know you guys do!! Hopping around is a lot of fun really. i wonder if I will ever slow down. It will be a funny day when that happens. OMG I was so excited about the previews. Roll of the dice when they do pay. But I recall the other Vegas solo telling me she was also paid in December or so. Worth a shot. Definitely worth it if time permits. Hey, you might even like the pilot--think of it like a movie. haha Thanks a lot!!:wave:

@NCISfan Thanks for reading :beer: Yay!

@KickinChicken hahaha you remember that? Too funny. In fact, I am glad you reminded me. I used to play/buy-in at 2 units, while hopping tables. It used to help me quickly know if a table was hot. Loved it. Thanks for the time. I am alone but I like 2 beds. I usually don't throw anything on the other bed ironically. It makes me feel like it's a "big" room, more roomy. For some reason, King rooms make me feel "lack", emptiness. It takes away from feeling like I am in a "hotel/resort" as opposed to a "bedroom" feel. haha but that's just me!:eek:

@Kryten2x4b thanks Yay!!! 12 sleeps! So excited the report could wake you UP! It's around the corner....

13. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics Sco! I always love reading your Trip Reports. You really know how to do Vegas.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think your trip reports are worthy of a PhD. You know how to get shit done.

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really want to try a long haul trip, perhaps 2 weeks next summer. Loved the photos. Trop pool is my favourite! They just added another area and misting daybeds.

16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You CERTAINLY know how to lowroll right. Awesome writing and pictures, too. I really like the look of Trop - never stayed and only visited once since the remodel, but it looks nice. And I've always liked South Strip.

17. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got through about half of it, but since i'm at work i don't want to rush through the rest.. i'll get back to this one later for sure. I love the pictures and the details. It sounds amazing! I love how resourceful you are as well, it gives me hope for my next trip.

18. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is literature thanks SCo. Makes my TR look like crap..... really fantastic thank you.

Was your Doctorate in English or Literature?

19. techie223

techie223 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great TR!!!

I was just wondering the other day why I hadn't seen any recent posts by you. Good to know you've just been busy :wave:

20. bigblue1

bigblue1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics. Loved the trip report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.