1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP NLHM Championship 2014

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Guardian, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have I missed the shows on ESPN? Can't seem to find the programs.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't really been paying that close of attention this year to the WSOP broadcasts, but I download most of the TV shows we watch and last week when I was grabbing shows the WSOP episodes being posted were "The Big One for One Drop" so I would suspect that the main event episodes aren't airing yet.

3. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They didn't film as much of the main event this year. I don't think they started filming until day 3.

They usually start the episodes so they run right up to the semi-live final table at the end of October. Just checked the schedule, should start around sept 28

4. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Websites Youtube and pokertube are great if you miss an episode

Q

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah thats what they did last year, and maybe the year before: they film some small stuff from days one and two (Helmuth's entrance, some of the legends getting knocked out) but the actual recording of hands played at tables doesn't start until day three of the main event: thats because they are sticking to how many episodes they show of the WSOP each year and they want to show more hands later in the tournament when its more meaningful than early in the tournament when its just a lot of chip shuffling for the most part.

6. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is they cut it back even further this year. Lower viewership and no advertisers is equating to a lot less air time.

I use to watch every episode religiously, I can't really watch tournament poker anymore. Probably because I exclusively play cash games since the death of Internet poker in the US

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't start the main event recordings until Sept 28th with 2 episodes each Sunday at 9 and 10 PM through Nov 9th and then live on the 10th for the final table starting at 8PM and then the final 2 on Tuesday the 11th live starting at 9 PM.

8. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only that but I think the thrill of watching these players play for $10k per entry has worn thin since the field has expanded so much. Back in the early days when $10k was a lot of money and there weren't that many players willing to put up the stakes to play for that much it held more fascination than it does today. Win a few sit and gos and you can have your $10k entry fee for a few hundred dollars.

Personally, I'd much rather watch extended coverage of the million dollar buy-in event. With a small number of people (I think 41 this year), that's a tournament I'd watch every episode of.

The main event has become way too diluted for me.

9. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The One Drop is on comcast's on demand. I just watched all 8 episodes.

10. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice. Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.