1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont St. WiFi, is it working?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen this mentioned in quite a while. Is the free WiFi along Fremont St. working?

2. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It worked when I was there in July. I usually leaned on something or somebody! I was on the street in front of the Fremont. I used to go down to the Plaza lobby.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends. If you are talking about just the FSE area then it is working but if you are facing away from Fremont St. then you may or may not catch the free WiFi. I was at the Cal and unable to catch the free WiFi. I was also unable to catch the free WiFi at the EC. Friends of mine who were at the Plaza facing away from the FSE weren't able to get the free WiFi either.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It worked in front of The D too. I only had one email to send so I went to McDonald's at The D to send it. It didn't work in McDonald's so I started heading to the Plaza lobby too. As soon as I got out the door and onto Fremont Street, it kicked in.

5. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have connected to free WiFi just outside the Cal's doors many times. Note the SSID has slight variations in name depending which access point you are connecting to.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But what about in the Cal itself? What about connecting from your room? When I stayed there earlier this year I was unable to get the free WiFi from my room. I also was able to get the free WiFi when I was outside the hotel and facing the FSE but my comment was that I couldn't get the signal at the Cal, not outside of the Cal.

8. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been able to get it in the 4 Queens. I need to step out into the street.

9. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That goes for the majority of all hotel rooms downtown. I have stayed in 4 downtown hotels and never had any free city wifi signal reachable from the hotel room. It is not unique to the Cal. The free wifi project was never intended to provide free wifi service in hotel rooms. If you do get a signal from one, you would be lucky.

10. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foos, North Tower or South Tower? I will be there in a few weeks and would love to pick up the free wii fii....Even if I cant, Its nice to know there are nearby areas that I can!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.