1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris NYE parties...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sybgal, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone attended a NYE party at a strip hotel? Our host at Paris said she would "take care of us" if we want to attend. Problem is, we only have 3 Diamond players (wives with husbands to go also....BUT we also have 5 in our group who are Plat only. Not sure what we will do but wondered how the parties were, if we should do this ....don't really want to leave anyone out BUT don't want to be wandering the strip at midnight. Do not know what is offered at these parties either....open or cash bar / food options....etc. Anyone have any insight or great suggestions?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There really isn't a quick or easy answer, because it all depends on the party itself.

A property like Paris might have:
    - Their main NYE party at Chateau. The tickets will be expensive to get in, there will probably be a celebrity host or DJ and there won't be food or open bar
    - A party at their top restaurant or steakhouse that is a high end dinner served first with drinks afterwards, semi pricey tickets
    - A party at one of their lounges that is open bar, no food served, tickets aren't that expensive
    - A party in a convention hall that has a buffet where you can go eat whenever you want, open bar and low priced tickets
    - A party at one of the bars where they close the area off with curtains, crank up the music and no food or open bar, tickets are cheap

In your case I would just contact the host and explain your group and what you need and they will let you know how many tickets they can comp up front and how many tickets you would have to buy and provide details on the party itself (venue, if its live music, DJ or recorded, food/bar, if there will be a celebrity host or not, if you will be able to see The Strip/fireworks or not, etc).

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Auggie! She indicated the 6 of us would be comped & it would be in their ballroom. Guess we need to let her know about the additional 5 people & what the cost would be. Will also inquire on what is included with the party tickets.... :)

4. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    those parties are usually pretty good. They have entertainment, open bar and dinner and usually some sort of door gift. We went to the Bellagio one a couple times. Thats definitely the way to go!!

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The private NYE parties are usually the biggest and best parties of the year.

They are open bar, five or six course meal with surf and turf(or similar),usually a large band and dancing.

I used to play at CET properties and have been to the one at Paris twice.
    Very nice party.
    If your host got you and your date plus 6 other people in,that is a great deal.
    Being Diamond does not automatically qualify you for the party.

Last two years I had to beg my host at Aria to get 2 tickets for friends.

6. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the one at Planet Hollywood last year. I had offers for the one at Planet Hollywood, as well as the one at the Rio and the one at the Flamingo. The Flamingo one was a party in the ballroom and some freeplay, I can't remember what the Rio one was and the one we chose at Planet Hollywood was for a New Year's Eve dinner in the ballroom (was filet mignon and lobster), tickets to Britney for New Year's Eve and a buffet brunch on New Year's day. Not a Britney fan but the dinner and brunch were excellent and the concert was free. We had a great time and may do it again this year.

7. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nittany - We have 4 couples and 3 of the 4 ladies are all Diamond...2 being 2nd level status. Said could get all 3 of us & spouses invited (that is the 6 people)....but checking on the other couple & the 3 single guys (not really sure what the guys want to do anyway). Don't want to leave out the other Plat couple who happens to be our daughter & SIL....

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is always our dillema on NYE.
    We have a lot of friends who want to come on the trip for NYE but it's tough to get others into the party.

If your friends(family) fly across the country with you for NYE,a big part of it is to spend NYE together.
    Last year I did not book my flight until my host assured me our friends could get in.

If your host can get everyone in the party,they should all go!!
    You cannot travel around town on NYE as the roads are inaccessible,no cabs,and the hotels only let guests in.
    The Strip closes around 6pm to all vehicles.it becomes an absolute madhouse.
    The guys will be able to go to Ballys and back to Paris through the walkway .
    Good luck and have fun.
    Now I can't wait for my invitation to come in the mail in Nov.

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember 1 year, Paris had Sinbad and Lionel Richie for a New Years party. The wife and I had a great time but do not think it was their ballroom party.

10. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Last year, CET's big one (and hardest to get) was the Katy Perry Party at Caesars.

Had a cocktail reception, with all these little snacks and drinks in a "Katy Perry Theme" with cotton candy and bright colors
    Dinner was in a large ballroom with a live band, it was a pre-fixe menu of Filet Mignon and more
    Then you went down one escalator to the ballroom below, where Katy performed a full 90 minute set. Might have been about 3000 people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.