1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiants latest money grab

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tatterdema, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check in and print boarding pass at home, or be charged $5 at the airport. Lol, I would ask where it is going to end, but am afraid of the answer.

Of course they spin it as trying to help you. It is to speed up check in lines, and encourage paperless boarding passes. They also raised their baggage fee's.

2. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well nowadays airlines try to get money from other area's than flights, as the ticketprices are quite low and most of the ticket prices are taxes and such.
    There's an airline in the UK that is exploring the possibility of having standing places instead of seats, as they can cram more people in a plane.

Other thing I've heard is charging for the usage of the lavatory..

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With gas prices falling, we'll see if the public perceives that ticket prices are "quite low".

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've ever priced Allegent lately, with the bottom-line price that is, you'll find that they are right up there with Southwest and US Air. *

Allegent moved from one of our local airports (LNK) to another one about 100 miles away from our house (GRI). We've used them once since, because yes, the price was extremely low, but now, the extra drive is not worth it. "Real Airlines" such as Southwest and such are closer and about the same price.

* "Now part of the American Airlines family" (tm)

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I agree on their pricing. I used to drive the 100 miles from SEA to BLI when the prices were down around $25-$50, and included carry on. Now the lowest price, with a carry on is $70. Just not worth it. I normally pay anywhere from $75 to $100 for travel on Southwest or Alaska, and get miles or points for my travel. A no brainer for me. The only time I will use Allegiant now, is if they move to PAE sometime in the near future.

6. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having passengers standing for a flight would never pass any safety regulations. If they ever charged to use the bathroom, I bet that policy wouldn't even last a week, because people would start doing their business in the airsick bags instead. Or simply peeing themselves in the chairs.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They would probably sell you a Depends for $10!

8. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't wet myself, but I would move to an empty location and just whip it out and do whatever I had to do right there. If it was to come to that, there would probably only be 10 people on the plane anyway and that's including crew members.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stood up on the bullet train in Japan. Couldn't imagine standing on a plane during take off and landing.

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still like Allegaint, just looked at prices for my trip in Nov, $195 RT including a carryon. That's a steal to me.

11. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your flexible you can get some great prices about half of SW at least from where I live. The taxes are about 10% but then there is a security fee. It does not seem like it but flights are cheap they would be a lot more expensive if they had risen with inflation, however the first class seat of today is about equal to the economy seat in the 60's. And of course there are no meals etc.

12. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew Allegiant on thursday and I wasn't charged $5 at the airport. When are they starting this?

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
  13. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September. It is easy enough to do it at home, before you leave, but return flights a bit more difficult. You can use your phone though....

14. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or the business center at your hotel.I have never been charged a dime for boarding passes

15. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been flying Allegiant since they started flying out of Duluth, MN direct to Vegas. While they keep nickel and diming us, it still is a better bargain than driving to Minneapolis, parking, waiting for flight, paying for parking fees, etc. Our last trip was $300 (all fees included) as opposed to driving to the cities and paying at least that amount. For me, still about the convenience of a direct three hour flight...priceless.

16. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's about what mine is for October with a seat on the middle exit row. And, even if it was a bit more, it'd be worth it for a direct flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.