1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Breakfast at Tableau or Bouchon?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pharmSCgirl, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Wynn in 10 days and had planned on going to Bouchon but after seeing what Tableau has to offer I'm not sure which one would be better. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are excellent for breakfast, and better if it is cool enough to sit outside. Superb wasabi bloody mary at Tableau, better coffee at Bouchon if that matters. Chicken and Waffles at Bouchon is tough to beat--why not try both?

3. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I give up a trip to Peppermill? That is the only breakfast I can cut ties with. We already have a myvegas breakfast buffet from aria to use.

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes--I know Peppermill has its fans, but in reality it is just slightly better than average old school diner food in massive portions. I would cut ties with the Aria buffet, too, but I understand free is free.

Either of those will compare very badly to Bouchon or Tableau.

5. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok it's a done deal. I will have to visit both. Thanks for your advice. I can get diner food and huge portions here at Dennys (not a fan). The atmosphere just looks cool.

6. Vtamanda

Vtamanda VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at both. Tableau blew me away and I keep meaning to return.

I will not go back to Bouchon. Felt it was overpriced, poor service and we were squished at a tiny table (we are both small people). But it was over five years ago, and maybe was a one off. We felt like eh, breakfast is breakfast and that wasnt great and cost a ton.

Twentieth Anniversary Extravaganza
    Dita! Girls trip
  7. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok it looks like my decision is Tableau and maybe society cafe instead of bouchon. We may just pick up some pastries from bouchon to have for breakfast before our flight home.

8. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Vtamanda and dankyone!

9. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

i am a fan of bouchon, but do not disagree about the price. sitting outside when the heat allows is really nice, we have always had great service there. while the meat and potatoes and eggs are just that, i think you go there, at breakfast time anyway, for the pastries, and the coffee, which just keeps coming, seems to be the best we have ever had, anywhere.

have had a good dinner there too. if you are a coffee fan, i suggest you leave bouchon on the list.

10. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food at Peppermill is not in the same league as Tableau or Bouchon. Peppermill is more of a novelty to me than a place to get a high quality meal.

11. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast at Bouchon is one of my Vegas rituals. I have to do it at least once. Usually the morning I leave. A couple cocktails, some wine. It's just the best way to cure a hangover. I love it.

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll echo the sentiments of the others: you really can’t go wrong with either of them. They’re definitely my two favorite breakfast spots in Vegas.

If you absolutely must get rid of one AND you have a lunch or dinner slot available at some other point in the trip, then do Tableau for breakfast and Bouchon for lunch/dinner.

13. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think either restaurant would be great. I like Bouchons for the pasty. But I noticed your going to be there during restaurant week. At Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro they are serving a $20 breakfast. We have had some of the menu items and they are pretty good. They have indoor and out door seating. The place was empty when we where there but we are early risers. The French pressed coffee is very good. It is a quick walk from the Wynn. Right over the bridge. BREAKFAST - $20.14
    APPETIZER
    CHOICE OF:
    FRESH FRUIT PLATE
    Seasonal Selection of Fresh Fruit
    ENTREE
    CHOICE OF:
    CLASSIC BENEDICT
    Country Smoked Ham, Egg Brioche, Poached Eggs, Sauce Hollandaise
    HUEVOS RANCHEROS
    Black Beans, Avocado, Crispy Tortilla, Sour Cream, Salsa
    BANANA MASCARPONE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
    Saigon Cinnamon, Vanilla-infused Maple Syrup
    DESSERT
    CHOICE OF:
    SUGAR DOUGHNUTS
    Served with Housemade Jam

Attached Files:

14. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That french toast does look delicious!

15. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been too both. Bouchon is still a favorite! Honestly, I don't even remember Tableau that well... so it probably wasn't that exciting.

Tip: We actually really liked the Terrace Pointe Cafe at Wynn, it was nice! Had a delicious chicken and waffles, good view of the pool. Also like Society Cafe at Encore.

Yea, all these places are a little pricey, but it's nothing I don't expect in Vegas.

16. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are excellent but Bouchon is my favorite. Get a pastry basket!!! Both are pricey but who cares it's Vegas.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.