1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

which MyVegas buffet should try?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by hardcor4, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcor4

hardcor4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is my first time using the message board, ive been to vegas 7 times but just found my vegas slots. im going in January and have not been to many of the buffets in the rewards. im planning to do one breakfast and one dinner. about 6 years ago I did eat at the mgm buffet and loved that the crab legs were already cut in half. what one is the best?

2. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going to do aria lunch and go right before the switch, seems best value at 19000

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without regard to the loyalty points value, the buffet quality is
    Tier 1: Bellagio
    Tier 2: Aria>Mirage
    Tier 3: Mandalay Bay and MGM
    Tier 4: Monte Carlo, Luxor
    Tier 5: All others

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria's lunch buffet had split crab legs during lunch, but I really wasn't impressed with their buffet overall. It probably had more to do that we paid for the unlimited booze package and the waiter rarely came by to offer to get us a refill.

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had following thanks to myVegas,
    Mirage dinner, great
    Bellagio lunch, great
    Aria dinner, not near as good as the two above.

To add, Mirage had self-serve drinks. Aria and Bellagio took care of your drinks, service was great at Bellagio, not good at Aria.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I prefer Aria. I've had really good and bad service there but it's usually been good. I recall a waitress who would always remove the plates <2 minutes and top off the drinks (including the alcoholic drinks) w/o me having to ask.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I really appreciate the room at Aria and the food types appeal to my tastes. Solid Strip value for lunch.

8. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned home on Thursday. We did the Mirage for brunch. Good selection and unlimited mimosas. We did Aria for dinner. It was OK, but not as big a selection as some others. We had lunch at the Bellagio, definitely the largest selection and the desserts in particular we're very good.

9. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast at Aria is the absolute best!!!! Granted, I am a big breakfast person, but you should try it

July 19th - July 24th
  10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I haven't been to Aria. Have to agree with the call which was made by Ty 31088.

11. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not been to all of the face, but Planet Hollywood, to me, is better than the following buffets. Bellagio, Aria, Caesar's, Flamingo, Mirage, treasure Island, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur.

July 19th - July 24th
  12. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have any of you been to the Aria breakfast with a serve the massive pancakes? The ones that won't fit on five plates?

July 19th - July 24th
  13. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

We just got back and did lunch at Mirage (2 free reward, Weds 215pm) and breakfast at Mandalay (bogo reward, Thurs 915am). We are pretty plain eaters so we probably aren't the best judge, but I definitely preferred breakfast at Mandalay to lunch at Mirage (but Mirage did have better french toast).

Mirage had crab legs at lunch and they looked really thin to me, I didn't eat them, and they were plentiful, but practically pencil thin....

Mandalay was more crowded and the lines were a bit obnoxious because the stations are closer together. But I liked the seating/dining area at Mandalay better.

I liked that the drinks at Mirage were self service (coke freestyle machine is a plus), and not big drinkers but included wine/beer is nice touch too.

It may be the difference between a breakfast meal and a lunch meal, but Mirage tried to have more varied cuisines but it meant they only had a few dishes in each cuisine type, and if you weren't in to those dishes, then that cuisine was a no go.... Also they had probably 4-5 different soups scattered, 2 chinese, 2 seafood, maybe one other- that felt like a lot of soup options to me.

14. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not waste your comp on the mirage breakfast buffet. I can't speak for lunch or dinner but our breakfast at Cravings was horrible!

Here are my complaints:
    Everyone else can provide drink service, so should they.
    The overall selection is crap.
    Scrambled eggs were dry and mealy.
    Pancakes were dry and tough.
    Bacon was chewy and half cooked.
    Eggs Benedict were inconsistent. My wife got it and hers tasted like there was some sort of cheese in it whereas mine tasted as expected. I was actually somewhat pleased with my Benedict but the inconsistent flavor scares me. Also it made my wife's stomach upset.
    Country fried steak was all breading and hardly any meat. Poorly seasoned meat and breading.
    The kielbasa was ok but WAAY too much thyme for my liking.
    Even the steamed white rice and hash browns were crap...how the hell do you do that?

we're not picky eaters AT ALL! I can eat at 7-11 and be happy...on the flip side we regularly eat at very high end restaurants in Los Angeles and everywhere in between. We have extremely accepting palates and this was by far one of my worst dining experiences EVER! If I hadn't been comped through myvegas I'd have asked for my money back which I have never done in my life.

You know that scene from Vegas Vacation where they're eating at the Mirage buffet and uncle Eddie is piling his plate with blue chicken and sloppy gruel... Yeah, it's actually not far off from the truth.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  15. Mexico

Mexico Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you recommend any of the others, have you tried the mirage? xxx

16. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the mirage. I didn't LOVE the selection, but it was still great for being free. I don't think I'd pay full price for it, but I'll probably get it for free when I'm back in Vegas in November

17. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Aria and Bellagio for Breakfast. I think the Aria one is much better that the Bellagio one. Bellagio buffet layout is too congested and much better selection and layout at Aria. Especially for breakfast. And they have seafood and crab legs at breakfast as well. Bellagio does not.

18. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay Bay and MGM are good

19. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what exactly was"awful" about the dinner buffet?

2024’s Second Trip
  20. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :trophy:trophy:trophy:trophy
    agree! Mandalay bay

2024’s Second Trip
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.